OT: San Andreas

BillsNYC

My buddy has it and we have been playing it for a while. We are almost done with the main story line of the game, but honestly I don't like it as much as the other two. There is way too much pointless garbage in the game. Some of the missions are downright stupid. I don't like the overall feel of the game.

Is it a good game? Yes, but compared to the other two it doesn't stack up in my humble opinion.

My buddy has it and we have been playing it for a while.  We are almost done with the main story line of the game, but honestly I don't like it as much as the other two.  There is way too much pointless garbage in the game.  Some of the missions are downright stupid.  I don't like the overall feel of the game.

Is it a good game?  Yes, but compared to the other two it doesn't stack up in my humble opinion.

112270[/snapback]

I've heard that from a lot of people, BF. So you aren't alone. I think the difference may come down to if you like the 80s or early 90s more in terms of eras.

I guess since i am 25 I feel more connected to the 90s than the 80s of Vice City.

My buddy has it and we have been playing it for a while.  We are almost done with the main story line of the game, but honestly I don't like it as much as the other two.  There is way too much pointless garbage in the game.  Some of the missions are downright stupid.  I don't like the overall feel of the game.

Is it a good game?  Yes, but compared to the other two it doesn't stack up in my humble opinion.

112270[/snapback]

i think some of it is due to the fact that most of the game has already been done before in gta3 and vice city. plus all the extra pointless garbage, like having to eat, keep your gf happy, turf wars when you're in the middle of something, etc

You are too white!  :P

112343[/snapback]

Maybe.

I agree with the above statement though. The stuff with GF's and having to eat and whatnot is a nice touch at first, but when you are playing the game it gets very annoying.

A little spoiler though, the GF thing comes in handy later on.

Guest tommy vercetti

why would i play a video game that im black in. spending $50 to live in the ghetto... awesome. ill stick to the other GTA's, Italian is close enough.

For all the praise - I am going to wait for Jak III to come out. I always felt the GTA games are just a little bit too 'clunky' in terms of graphics and gameplay. They are like a throwback game to me. I bought the Tranformers game and that too is a little clunky...

I like my games to be smooth... if you know what I mean. Those platform type games like Ratchet and Clank and the Jak and Daxter series are more fun for me...

But hell - I am still playing Madden '05, so there's not too much room for anything else right now.

why would i play a video game that im black in.  spending $50 to live in the ghetto... awesome.  ill stick to the other GTA's, Italian is close enough.

112422[/snapback]

Nothing like playing a character with Ray Liotta's voice!

Nothing like playing a character with Ray Liotta's voice!

113177[/snapback]

yeah, but san andreas has samual l jackson (officer tennpenny)

when i picked up the dildo and started swinging it around, i thought CJ looked like mace windu with his purple lightsabre from episode ii :doh:

For all the praise - I am going to wait for Jak III to come out. I always felt the GTA games are just a little bit too 'clunky' in terms of graphics and gameplay. They are like a throwback game to me. I bought the Tranformers game and that too is a little clunky...

I like my games to be smooth... if you know what I mean. Those platform type games like Ratchet and Clank and the Jak and Daxter series are more fun for me...

But hell - I am still playing Madden '05, so there's not too much room for anything else right now.

112516[/snapback]

I'm hoping to get Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenen, for Xmas. :lol: I *loved* Going Commando.

Is Jak just as good?

CW

Jak & Ratchet and Clank are great games! I spent many a winter day playing them.

I also enjoyed Tony Hawk: Underground as well, but haven't checked out the 2nd version yet.

GTA has been getting some mixed reviews. Some folks love it, some hate it. But, so has Halo 2. That's what usually happens when the hype machine gets too big.

I can't think of one time when I was waiting for a game, movie, etc to come out and was completely satisfied when I got it. It's usually the stuff that sneaks up on you that makes you say "wow".

I'm hoping to get Ratchet and Clank: Up Your Arsenen, for Xmas. :)  I *loved* Going Commando.

Is Jak just as good?

CW

113247[/snapback]

Jak and Daxter, and Jak II - Jaks Revenge, were superb games. If you can get them (and they will be cheap now) you should. The animations and scripts are seriously funny, and the challenges are such that they take a bit of learning - but are completable within a realistic timeframe...

I love em

Did you buy a PS2 yet?

No, you don't have to eat regularly. I think I've been forced to eat three times since I started playing.

114249[/snapback]

No, didnt buy one yet, but only because i have been busy moving. I got paid today, but its the weekend, the only three days i dont veg out during the week. Maybe monday I'll pick one up.