OT: San Andreas

BillsNYC

ugh - the who GTA thing bores me.

i was given Vice City as a present last year and i have only gone as far as unlocking the second part of the city.

the whole damn thing sucks and the novelty 80s radio really gets on my breasts after about 5 minutes. it's in my ignore pile of games....

I have San Andreas. I'm still in Los Santos. Can't get past the dance on the beach mission, guess I better learn the controller better, otherwise doing well with the other parts of the game. The map is HUGE compared to the other GTA games. There's plenty of things to do. I love the ITB, made plenty of money there betting on the 12-1 horses, seems like they hit every 3-4 races :)

I love it too, but definetely harder. But map is bigger and more side jobs to do in case you get bored with the missions.

There's a good guide out if you need help. :(

I have San Andreas.  I'm still in Los Santos. Can't get past the dance on the beach mission, guess I better learn the controller better, otherwise doing well with the other parts of the game.  The map is HUGE compared to the other GTA games. There's plenty of things to do. I love the ITB, made plenty of money there betting on the 12-1 horses, seems like they hit every 3-4 races  :)

I love it too, but definetely harder. But map is bigger and more side jobs to do in case you get bored with the missions. 

There's a good guide out if you need help. :(

111618[/snapback]

What's the ITB?

What's the ITB?

111639[/snapback]

In Track Betting. It's the game's version of OTB. It's a good place to build up a massive reserve of cash, since the two long-shot horses (purple and green) hit every 4th or 5th race.

It's marked by the horse head on the map that comes with the game.

aw what fun is that tgreg????

111776[/snapback]

I love the storyline stuff in GTA games, and think this one was the best. I am going back now to get the 100 percent, but finding Horseshoes, Grafetti (sp?) Tags, Oysters isn't as much fun to me as the main story.

However, I did do all the schools (minus the boating) and did tons of gambling (made millions on OTB! Gotta love that) and pool.

Overall this is one of the best games I have ever played:)

great game B)

i'm on the last mission before the end of los santos. but i'm gonna hold off on doing that until i finish the stadium race and all the R3 missions (ambulance, taxi, police, burglary, train)

i've gotten hitman on pistol, machine pistol, shotgun, sawnoff, ak, and smc. died alot getting there tho, i'd go on rampages inside the police station (2 sets of armor inside help) until i saw that you get skill points for shooting at cars until they explode

great game B)

i'm on the last mission before the end of los santos.  but i'm gonna hold off on doing that until i finish the stadium race and all the R3 missions (ambulance, taxi, police, burglary, train)

i've gotten hitman on pistol, machine pistol, shotgun, sawnoff, ak, and smc.  died alot getting there tho, i'd go on rampages inside the police station (2 sets of armor inside help) until i saw that you get skill points for shooting at cars until they explode

111792[/snapback]

The shooting range challenges at the Ammu-Nations help too:)

i went thru the pistol and uzi shooting range 3 times and only got skill ups the 1st time

111823[/snapback]

Once you master one weapon (either the pistol or uzi) you get a third challenge (the Shotgun). Then once you master one more you get the 4th challenge, the AK47. I dunno, I found them kinda fun and they seemed to bump up my stats.

Stealing cars and taking them somewhere abandoned (the construction lot in SanFiero is perfect for this) and shooting the hell out of them till they blow up is good too, but you already mentioned that so I was trying to give ya something different.

I only reached master with the Pistols (silenced and reg), Shotgun, Micro SMG, and M4. I didn't use many of the other weapons, the DE is too slow for me, I just like the dual pistols:)

Of course the M4, in my opinion, is the best weapon and becomes almost a necessity later on in the game.

I absolutely love the game. But is it  just me, or does this OG Loc guy get on your nerves or what? CJ should have kicked his ass as soon as he got out of jail instead of following him around.

111913[/snapback]

i'm hoping later in the game CJ gets to whack him. if i'd have known when i started the mission with him on the bike, i would have bust a cap in his ass instead

I absolutely love the game. But is it  just me, or does this OG Loc guy get on your nerves or what? CJ should have kicked his ass as soon as he got out of jail instead of following him around.

111913[/snapback]

I just picked him up from Jail and am trying the bike mission. 0-4 on it though...ughh...

If you have Xbox you dont have to listen to the 80s music you can download your own music and play it. Not to mention if you have xbox you dont need memory cards which is sweet!

111968[/snapback]

if you have half a brain you can figure out how to turn the 80s music off on any console. and if you have a stereo, computer, or mp3 player you can listen to any music you want while you play