I think our member ranking needs updating...

SDS

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and although we have not taken advantage of it, with increased ranking could come with "more privileges". What those would be - I don't know. <_<

How about the ability to ban other posters when you get above...say...nineteen thousand posts? :wallbash:

I'm leaning towards:

0 On Probation

50 UDFA

100 Practice Squad

250 Rookie

500 RFA

1500 Veteran

7500 All Pro

15000 Hall of Famer

Or...

7500 "All Pro"

12500 "Hall of Famer"

17500 either "Needs a Life" or "Seriously, WTF is wrong with you?"

I'm leaning towards:

0 On Probation

50 UDFA

100 Practice Squad

250 Rookie

500 RFA

1500 Veteran

7500 All Pro

15000 Hall of Famer

Works for me, although you might want to spellcheck "probation" in the tag.

200 might be a little high for Steely's suggestion (and I know we've previously discussed it). But keeping new posters from starting threads for the first 25 or 50 -- or perhaps restricting that privilege to the new-poster forum -- may well be something to consider...

200 might be a little high for Steely's suggestion (and I know we've previously discussed it). But keeping new posters from starting threads for the first 25 or 50 -- or perhaps restricting that privilege to the new-poster forum -- may well be something to consider...

Hell, even the first five. Eliminate the "one hit wonders", who register just to post "TeRrElL OwInS iS kEwL!!!!11!1!1" and are never seen again.

I'm leaning towards:

0 On Probation

50 UDFA

100 Practice Squad

250 Rookie

500 RFA

1500 Veteran

7500 All Pro

15000 Hall of Famer

Nice. That works for me, as if anyone cared.

1. 200 - Can start threads - Bills Fan

2. 500 - Real Bills Fan

3. 1,000 - Admirable Bills Fan

4. 5,000 - I Tip My Hat To You Bills Fan

5. 10, 000 - Die Hard Bills Fan. - Can start posts with the ability to post pictures.

6. 15,000 - Thank You For Your Patronage - Is sent $50

7. 25,000 - Is sent $100

note: i don't count myself as a Bills fan, but i'll start using caps if there's payment due!

:wallbash:

jw

200 is way too high.

If we do anything it would be it would more likely be a moderator approval thing then an out-right ban.

Guest dog14787

I like the idea, but I'm assuming some posters decide to join because they feel like they have something new to say.

Besides, having the Mods save us from the nasty trolls is nice every once and awhile. :wallbash:

We should also have a label for folks who lost half of their memories (posts and threads) like myself.

How about Pot Head Bills fans.

I like the idea, but I'm assuming some posters decide to join because they feel like they have something new to say.

Besides, having the Mods save us from the nasty trolls is nice every once and awhile. :wallbash:

in general, their heels are cooled because I manually approve all members. Sometimes that is an hour, sometimes it is a couple days.

I have to check for spammer regs...

200 is way too high.

If we do anything it would be it would more likely be a moderator approval thing then an out-right ban.

I think 50 is a fine number for allowing new threads.

What I think you might consider is instituting a warning system to posters who go too far, or flagrantly break the TOS. I have seen forums where the admin lets you know if you have a warning, on your profile.

Just something to consider.

I think 50 is a fine number for allowing new threads.

What I think you might consider is instituting a warning system to posters who go too far, or flagrantly break the TOS. I have seen forums where the admin lets you know if you have a warning, on your profile.

Just something to consider.

the warning system is right there under your avatar. I'm sure yours just rerolled back to the start.

Hell, even the first five. Eliminate the "one hit wonders", who register just to post "TeRrElL OwInS iS kEwL!!!!11!1!1" and are never seen again.

200 is way too high.

Good points from both of you. I think by the time someone racks up 20 or 25 posts, the moderating staff has a pretty good idea of whether or not they're going to make the cut.

note: i don't count myself as a Bills fan, but i'll start using caps if there's payment due!

jw

<_<

the warning system is right there under your avatar. I'm sure yours just rerolled back to the start.

I'm clean, biotch!

Seriously, though. I don't see it.