Will UFL Effect NFL Practice Squads?

Will players that would have been on NFL practice squads elect to go to the new UFL for playing time or would they stay on an NFL practice squad to sharpen thier skills working out with the teams that sighned them.What would you do?

My impression of the UFL is that it would be more of a B-level league where NFL cast-offs (i.e. JP) could try to prove themselves and get another shot at the NFL. In that regard, it could really replace the Arena league.

UFL will not go after any NFL player on contract.

what iam talking about is that window after the players are cut from thier preseason roster where players can sighn where they want to.For example the BILLs want to put Ellison Lankster on the practice squad they would have to put him on waivers first and wait for him to clear first before being put on the practice squad.During that time he would be fair game for anybody including the UFL

I havent seen any UFL but if it could reach the level of WLAF/NFL Europe it will effect the NFL only in a positive way; basicly anyone good will end up in the NFL as it was with the WLAF/NFL Europe. There are two things why, 1. playing >>> practise squad and 2. the passionate players opt for UFL over any PS and passion yields results far better then being on a PS for paycheck reasons.

Hmm again not worded brilliantly but cut me some slack for being non-native speaker heh.

I'm guessing that most Practice Squad guys are close enough to the NFL to stay put. They still get to show their stuff to the team in practices, and are likely to get called up well before those in another league. But guys just missing the practice squad, or those who really think they have no shot at being called up (based on team depth at their position) might consider the UFL as a place to sharpen their skills, and impress another NFL team.

I don't believe there was a practice squad in the old NFL

If I remember right, the players went to Canada

I could be wrong though

Maybe he meant the Arena league/