Congress sends letters to health insurance companies

Lets turn the tables on congress on this one

They

want documents about conferences and any events held off company property as well as the types of transportation, lodging, food, entertainment and even gifts exchanged.

I think it would be entertaining for Congress to have to provide a similar list....i think we would all be disgusted by it

What's the point? Congress is trying to prove that these companies are EVIL?

Yes! I said this yesterday, that is exactly what they are trying to do. They know they are losing the public debate and support for the Public Option, so now they are going at it from a different angle.

Demonizing the Banking industry, hedgefunds, Oil companies worked, so now they will demonize the health insurers.

Are we seeing a disturbing trend here, if you are not on the governments side than you get ridiculed, to the point that they are attacking citizens as well.

Disgusting

Lets turn the tables on congress on this one

They

I think it would be entertaining for Congress to have to provide a similar list....i think we would all be disgusted by it

While I appreciate the humor in the "pot calling kettle black" moment, the reality is simply that -- given the absolute Laurel and Hardy-like acumen with which the current administration and Congress has handled health care reform -- their desperation becomes exceedingly evident as they once again take a large group of successful and profitable business groups, get America all twisted up that they took a business trip to Vegas, got paid millions of dollars in exchange for their success, and tell Americans suffering through an economic downturn that THESE greedy capitalist pigs are the very people who are to blame for all the problems in the world today. Result: we must control health care insurance because only the government can save you.

This current rev of government is an absolute machine at putting bullets in businesses for the sake of advancing more government dependence. It's disgusting to me, but hey..next time maybe the health insurance companies can dig a little deeper in their pockets during the next election.

Note to energy companies: put the turkey in the over and bend over. Cap-n-Trade is next.

Why is that any of the government's business? How would any of you business owners like it if the government started snooping around your company and asking these types of questions?

I guess you didn't get the memo.

Health Insurers have now been added to the Evil industry list

1) Banks check

2) Oil companies check

3) Hedge funds check

Health Insurers check

Why is that any of the government's business? How would any of you business owners like it if the government started snooping around your company and asking these types of questions?

it's big brothers business because what they are seeking has a social impact.

medical care costs, the cost of processing claims, and the cost of insurance are a joke right now.

so if these health insurers are spending money the way aig did/does, and they continue to raise rates or only make coverage affordable with insanely high deductibles, they should be investigated.

Because "Anything is possible under the law." - Kenneth Feinberg, Special Master for Compensation a/k/a "Pay Czar".

medical care costs, the cost of processing claims, and the cost of insurance are a joke right now.

so if these health insurers are spending money the way aig did/does, and they continue to raise rates or only make coverage affordable with insanely high deductibles, they should be investigated.

HAHAHAHA When do the investigations of Congresspeople begin? Because last I checked, they don't bring ANY value to the table, and all they do is tax people and spend their money.

THAT is evil. EEEEVIL.

their desperation becomes exceedingly evident as they once again take a large group of successful and profitable business groups, get America all twisted up that they took a business trip to Vegas, got paid millions of dollars in exchange for their success, and tell Americans suffering through an economic downturn that THESE greedy capitalist pigs are the very people who are to blame for all the problems in the world today. Result: we must control health care insurance because only the government can save you.

Agreed it would be more humorous if it wasn't such a frightening trend. Government working to pretty much end fiscal freedom in the US using the most simpleton approach imaginable. And yet...millions and millions of ignorant fools will lap it up.

And right on cue, a perfect example:

:wallbash:

Agreed it would be more humorous if it wasn't such a frightening trend. Government working to pretty much end fiscal freedom in the US using the most simpleton approach imaginable. And yet...millions and millions of ignorant fools will lap it up.

and here's another one

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...t&p=1515844

funny thing is that i work in the INSURANCE indusrty and my comments are not off base due to MY expierences.