Pan-Am flight 103 bomber set to be released today

The Poojer

on compassionate grounds because he only has a few months to live due to prostate cancer....this is complete BS....let him die in jail....if there is new evidence, let him sit there until it is brought to the court for a new trial...until then...screw compassion.....I do give the judge credit for reaching out to hte families about his decision before he went public with it....but that is of little consolation :devil::flirt:

This is a travesty

on compassionate grounds because he only has a few months to live due to prostate cancer....this is complete BS....let him die in jail....if there is new evidence, let him sit there until it is brought to the court for a new trial...until then...screw compassion.....I do give the judge credit for reaching out to hte families about his decision before he went public with it....but that is of little consolation :devil::flirt:

This is a travesty

fly him home. :nana:

This is a travesty

This is exactly why Guantanomo should not be closed. First it is charity cases like this that they let out. "OOOOh he has cancer and will die soon anyway...."

The next thing you know we will free Khalid Sheik Mohammed cure this guy's cancer with free government health care.

:nana::cry::(

This is a travesty

More compassion would be to allow his family to spend time in jail with him to take care of him to the end.

Nothing prevents a cancer patient from strapping on a bomb and becoming a "suicide" bomber.

More compassion would be to allow his family to spend time in jail with him to take care of him to the end.

Nothing prevents a cancer patient from strapping on a bomb and becoming a "suicide" bomber.

On second thought ... I think that he should be released.

I would release him and put him in a room with the victims families ... if he walks out ... he's free.

Never understood the logic of giving someone a life sentence and then releasing them because they were close to death. :devil:

We have things backwards ... we're more concerned about giving criminals their rights and forgetting the victims.

Ohh rah! ... USMC, first Persian Excursion.

Sweet. I didn't get to participate in those festivities. I like to say that I took parti n Gulf War 1.5.

Spent 4 months on deployment in Kuwait to "protect" the kuwaitis from Saddam when he got a bit uppity.

Sweet. I didn't get to participate in those festivities. I like to say that I took parti n Gulf War 1.5.

Spent 4 months on deployment in Kuwait to "protect" the kuwaitis from Saddam when he got a bit uppity.

Semper Fi ... it's all good. I respect anyone willing to wear a uniform. As for our service, we play the cards we're dealt. First Persian Excursion was easy compared to Iraq/Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, and compared with what those guys saw, I hesitate to call myself a vet.

This is a travesty

If he's not verrrrry careful, he'll be dead by next Friday. :nana:

Semper Fi ... it's all good. I respect anyone willing to wear a uniform. As for our service, we play the cards we're dealt. First Persian Excursion was easy compared to Iraq/Afghanistan, Vietnam, Korea, and compared with what those guys saw, I hesitate to call myself a vet.

Never hesitate.

I hesitate to call myself a vet.

Thread Jack Alert:

I know exactly what you mean, we had a thread a few months back, where I kind of said the same thing. What I did in the military didn't have any direct impact on the greater mission. When I'm at a ballgame or something and they ask all the vets to stand up and be recognized, I normally don't stand up. Not out of shame or embarrassment, but I did what I did, I served my 8 years and I guess I don't really want to draw attention to myself. It was a job and a commitment, but I don't expect or need any ovation for it.

This is a travesty

:( Let his effing family come to visit him in jail. The people on that plane didn't get to see or call their families knowing they were going to die!

fly him home. :nana:

+1 :cry: