Things You Don't See (or Hear) Anymore

Chef Jim

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a clue on mine. Probably doesn't seeing I have run flat tires...whatever the hell those are.

I also have the run-flats. I loved the sell job for those. "Had a client run over a chunk of metal going through the Lincoln Tunnel. Car got a flat and alerted him. So he drove to Philly to our dealership and guess what? He had not one but 2 flats. Can't fix that with a standard spare."

I still like a spare.

I also have the run-flats. I loved the sell job for those. "Had a client run over a tire going through the Lincoln Tunnel. Car got a flat and alerted him. So he drove to Philly to our dealership and guess what? He had not one but 2 flats. Can't fix that with a standard spare."

Not a selling point. I like a spare.

The idiot knowingly drove on a flat tire from Manhattan to Philly? To replace the tire?

Nice selling point "Our tires are smart, so you don't have to be."

"serves you right", "what did you expect" and the other similar learn-from-experience phrases that where a major part of childhood.

"Wait until your father gets home"

The bug races sound a TV makes when it is not on a channel with signal.

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

The circular test pattern with the Indian chief in head dress when the station stopped broadcasting for the night:

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/test-pat...ndian-head.html

I believe that, or something like it, was resurrected in the movie "Pleasantville". With Don Knotts interrupting to admonish Toby Mcguire.

The circular test pattern with the Indian chief in head dress when the station stopped broadcasting for the night:

http://www.mediacollege.com/video/test-pat...ndian-head.html

I believe that, or something like it, was resurrected in the movie "Pleasantville". With Don Knotts interrupting to admonish Toby Mcguire.

Check post # 5 :lol:

people holding doors for others (very rare)

In my experience, I'd say the opposite. To the point where I have to run to the door so that someone isn't stuck there holding for me while I walk from 20 yards away. I hold doors for everyone, too.

With run-flats, you can drive a hundred miles at 50-60mph. That's the point.

Yes, like I said: you get to be an idiot.

Me? Maybe I'm nuts, but I just CHANGE THE !@#$ING TIRE.

Sadly though Tom ... we get to share the road with idiots like this. #1 thing I'll teach my kids about driving is to never underestimate the stupidity of others.