Question about tattoos in the workplace.

I am an employer in San Diego, and if you got a visible tat you are not getting hired. I hate tats, stupidest thing a person could ever do to their body. Reflects bad judgement in my opinion.

So if you think getting tats reflects bad judgment, why are you worried about just the ones that are visible ?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am an employer in San Diego, and if you got a visible tat you are not getting hired. I hate tats, stupidest thing a person could ever do to their body. Reflects bad judgement in my opinion.

Really? Writing on your skin is the STUPIDEST thing a person could EVER do to their body???

:wallbash:

Name me some other line of work where you can look like that and be in management? Either a gas station or Abercombie and Fitch.

I work as an engineer for a company that does government contracts and we have all sorts of types here, management or not.

Maybe the business world is still super strict but everywhere I have been in my 10 year career hasn't had much of an appearance code if any at all aside from the obvious.

really for the most part, none of my tats hurt to get done.

now there were times during the work that certain areas would be more tender than others, but it still didnt meet my definition of pain. i always seem to focus on the hum of the tattoo gun to not pay attention to whats going on.

you got anything on the upper inside of your arm, chest, or ribs? :wallbash:

My body = 0 tattoos. :wallbash:

I'm in love!!..........Seriously, I couldn't figure it out what it was about this girl who I estimated to be about 27 years old who was sitting in front of me at Fenway that I found so attractive. Yeah, she was cute, but it was something else. Then, it hit me - no tats or piercings!

I'm in love!!..........Seriously, I couldn't figure it out what it was about this girl who I estimated to be about 27 years old who was sitting in front of me at Fenway that I found so attractive. Yeah, she was cute, but it was something else. Then, it hit me - no tats or piercings!

so, nothing visible you could see........

:wallbash:

I do have piercings though... <_<

Are you guys seriously trying to tell me that not one person out there, got a tatoo for the "look at me" factor?

Look, I know people who have got them for personal reasons and I'm cool with that. I realize tatoos don't define them as a person. I also realize that tatoos now cross all economic & educational levels, but at least on a corporate level the majority of the people who still generate the money and do the hiring don't.

Are you guys seriously trying to tell me that not one person out there, got a tatoo for the "look at me" factor?

Look, I know people who have got them for personal reasons and I'm cool with that. I realize tatoos don't define them as a person. I also realize that tatoos now cross all economic & educational levels, but at least on a corporate level the majority of the people who still generate the money and do the hiring don't.

Speaking for me, no I didn't say that. I said nobody that I know that has one. I should probably change that to say none of my friends, or people that I know well. I'm sure there are people that do that, but from my experience it's not even close to the majority, as has been argued.

Yeah, that's what they are trying to say.........Ridiculous............I have a friend who we called tackle box because of all the crap sticking out of his face. Then one day he took them out and I asked him why and he said he didn't need the attention any more........Maybe I crossed a line here, but for me piercings and tats are closely related.

Speaking for me, no I didn't say that. I said nobody that I know that has one. I should probably change that to say none of my friends, or people that I know well. I'm sure there are people that do that, but from my experience it's not even close to the majority, as has been argued.

Apologies, I read your point wrong.

Yeah, that's what they are trying to say.........Ridiculous............I have a friend who we called tackle box because of all the crap sticking out of his face. Then one day he took them out and I asked him why and he said he didn't need the attention any more........Maybe I crossed a line here, but for me piercings and tats are closely related.

yes, thats exactly what im trying to say......

i dont doubt that there are lots of stupid kids/people out there that get them for some kind of attention. but there are lots of us who simply do it for ourselves.

not really. i was well into my 20s and out of the house. even my parents knew that it doesnt change the person i am. and i didnt go around "showing it off" to my friends, so they didnt really care either. i didnt care what either side thought, good or bad. it was for me.

im telling you, as someone with tattoos, it has nothing to do with other people. at least not for me. and since i count as part of "everyone", your blanket opinion is incorrect.

Thats the one advantage to piercings, when you decide one day that you dont want them anymore, you can take them out and the hole will close up eventually.