Watched Mia/Jax last night

nero47

yeah, miami's offense looked REALLLLLY schitty last year, didnt it?

by the way...the have gotten better, and we have stayed the same. not to mention, they still have a WAY better coach and WAY better front office.

they are the only team in our division that scares me.

The Patriots are the only divisional team that scares me. The clock on Miami's Cinderella story is going to strike midnight, if it hasn't already.

Here is a rundown of what's goin on with the Fish...I live in Miami and listen to their sports talk radio all day at work, and read the Miami Herald all the time.

1. The Fins faithful and media are in love with two of their rookies: Sean Smith and Patrick Turner (a 3rd round WR). Smith has been everything Vontae Davis (1st rounder) was supposed to be. Look for Smith to be lining up against Evans or Owens. Turner is a big target who has "wowed" in training camp. That really means nothing of course, but Miami has a mediocre WR corp, so this guy might be getting some catches.

2. Two rookies that are getting dogged are the aforementioned Davis, as well as 2nd round wildcat QB Pat White. Pat White's physique is being likened to that of a kicker and has been wildly inaccurate. I guess he'll help out the new wrinkles in the wildcat.

3. Some folks in the media down here think that the Fins have a top 5 offensive line. I didn't watch last night - did they look that good? Jake Long is a HoF in the making, Smiley is a good guard, Vernon Carey is solid, but I'm not sold on their center (Jake Grove I think is his name?) that they signed from Oakland. If their o-line really is that good, then Ricky, Ronnie, and Patrick Cobbs will be a force for them.

4. Everyone seems to agree that the secondary is a problem still; but most seem satisfied, if not excited, about the front seven. Jason Taylor has apparently been the best player in camp, which I can believe, so that's a big problem. He is actually a linebacker now, so along with Joey Porter and Channing Crowder I guess it's pretty decent. Probably better than our LBs overall.

I would expect that My Yami will start playing Henne as soon as Pennington slips. He reminds me of Roethlisberger, but 2 inches shorter and about 10 lbs lighter. As much as this pains me to say it, I think Henne is going to be a good QB.

Henne sucks and is one of the least clutch QBs I have ever seen. I can't wait until he has to play meaningful minutes.

Here is a rundown of what's goin on with the Fish...I live in Miami and listen to their sports talk radio all day at work, and read the Miami Herald all the time.

1. The Fins faithful and media are in love with two of their rookies: Sean Smith and Patrick Turner (a 3rd round WR). Smith has been everything Vontae Davis (1st rounder) was supposed to be. Look for Smith to be lining up against Evans or Owens. Turner is a big target who has "wowed" in training camp. That really means nothing of course, but Miami has a mediocre WR corp, so this guy might be getting some catches.

2. Two rookies that are getting dogged are the aforementioned Davis, as well as 2nd round wildcat QB Pat White. Pat White's physique is being likened to that of a kicker and has been wildly inaccurate. I guess he'll help out the new wrinkles in the wildcat.

3. Some folks in the media down here think that the Fins have a top 5 offensive line. I didn't watch last night - did they look that good? Jake Long is a HoF in the making, Smiley is a good guard, Vernon Carey is solid, but I'm not sold on their center (Jake Grove I think is his name?) that they signed from Oakland. If their o-line really is that good, then Ricky, Ronnie, and Patrick Cobbs will be a force for them.

4. Everyone seems to agree that the secondary is a problem still; but most seem satisfied, if not excited, about the front seven. Jason Taylor has apparently been the best player in camp, which I can believe, so that's a big problem. He is actually a linebacker now, so along with Joey Porter and Channing Crowder I guess it's pretty decent. Probably better than our LBs overall.

1. I have also heard that Sean Smith is looking like a complete stud, and I was not happy when Miami drafted Turner. I think he will become a great WR for them, a Brandon Marshall/Plaxico Burress type guy. Hopefully, he gets in the same amount of trouble too! I also think that rookie WR Brian Hartline will be a nice addition to their offense.

2. I think Vontae Davis is going to turn out to be a very good player, in the mold of Antoine Winfield. Pat White...ehh. I was NEVER sold on him and he does not scare me anymore than Roscoe should scare the dolFANS.

3. I agree with the "folks" down there. Miami was, and is going to be good, because of their offensive line. Parcells knew that is how you win games, and it was the first thing he did when he came in. Jake Long is a dominant force, looking like the next Tony Boselli. I think Vernon Carey is underrated, Smiley is certainly no dud...and I think their BEST acquisition this offseason, free agency AND draft, was Jake Grove. Satele was good, but not against the 3-4. Grove will make them that much better this year.

4. I think with just Crowder and Porter, their LB corps is already better than ours. Enter Jason Taylor, and their group becomes one of the best in the league. I also think they have 2 guys as backups who are really solid (Ayodele and Torbor). I also think that the addition of Cameron Wake will pay big dividends. Matt Roth is a hybrid guy as OLB/DE and he is not a dud either. Their DE's, Langford and Merling are going to be an excellent tandem. The secondary will be better because of the pass-rush skills of all these players I mentioned (Taylor, Porter, Wake, Roth, Merling and Langford). They also have a couple decent DT's. The secondary will grow with these 2 new CB's who could turn into the next Clements-Winfield tandem. They also have Will Allen and Jason Allen at cornerback, and Yeremiah Bell and Gibril Wilson at the safety spots. I think this secondary is going to fly under the radar and is very underrated, the most underrated player probabaly being Yeremiah Bell.

Their defense will most likely finish ahead of and better than ours.

ps. I have heard that Ted Ginn Jr. is turning into a very solid receiver, working on his route running and timing. He has decent hands and PLENTY of speed to burn. He and Patrick Turner could be a VERY nice young WR duo. Devone Bess showed he is a solid WR, and so did Greg Camarillo while he was healthy.

3. I agree with the "folks" down there. Miami was, and is going to be good, because of their offensive line. Parcells knew that is how you win games, and it was the first thing he did when he came in. Jake Long is a dominant force, looking like the next Tony Boselli. I think Vernon Carey is underrated, Smiley is certainly no dud...and I think their BEST acquisition this offseason, free agency AND draft, was Jake Grove. Satele was good, but not against the 3-4. Grove will make them that much better this year.

4. I think with just Crowder and Porter, their LB corps is already better than ours. Enter Jason Taylor, and their group becomes one of the best in the league. I also think they have 2 guys as backups who are really solid (Ayodele and Torbor). I also think that the addition of Cameron Wake will pay big dividends. Matt Roth is a hybrid guy as OLB/DE and he is not a dud either. Their DE's, Langford and Merling are going to be an excellent tandem. The secondary will be better because of the pass-rush skills of all these players I mentioned (Taylor, Porter, Wake, Roth, Merling and Langford). They also have a couple decent DT's. The secondary will grow with these 2 new CB's who could turn into the next Clements-Winfield tandem. They also have Will Allen and Jason Allen at cornerback, and Yeremiah Bell and Gibril Wilson at the safety spots. I think this secondary is going to fly under the radar and is very underrated, the most underrated player probabaly being Yeremiah Bell.

I have to disagree on Jake Grove for now. He could prove people wrong down the road, but he is a FA acquisition that the folks down here are dogging. A stat I just heard from a Sun-Sentinel beat writer was on a succession of six plays, he got completely rolled three times. That's rough for a center. Perhaps he is just adjusting the system.

Crowder....eh, I think he's overrated, but yeah they def have better LBs than us.

I dont know what your pregame feed was, but down here in Habana Norte the pregame showed clips of plays mostly against the Bills and mostly Edwards getting sacked

(Luisma still staring at your avatar, not reading the post) :wallbash:

The Patriots are the only divisional team that scares me. The clock on Miami's Cinderella story is going to strike midnight, if it hasn't already.

I might agree with you, but look what the Dolphins did last season, with so very little. Now, Parcells and Sporano have had another season to tinker...the Dolphins may not be great this coming season, may not even be a playoff team, but I think too many are assuming they are going to be an easy foe in 2009. Honestly, I still think the Bills and Jets have more to worry about. With our guys, as usual, an awful lot of things have to go right for them to step out of their middle of the pack doldrums...