Greg Paulus named Orange QB starter

The Poojer

You haters are nothing but...but...well, you're haters!

Most enjoyable SU game I've seen in some time. Still lots to do...

Agreed...since the majority of the team is holdovers from last year, or fresh meat, the coaching staff has done a great job. Adam Weber is a really good QB, and they made him look extremely pedestrian for all but about 2 drives today...unfortunately, one of those drives happened to be the last one of regulation...

Defense played unreal, and Paulus just needs to learn that sometimes a sack is better than throwing the ball. All in all, I finished the game very happy with the team...They will only improve as the year goes on.

I will be in Happy Valley next week, and they will probably get blown out, but I am still pretty excited about seeing them.

You haters are nothing but...but...well, you're haters!

Most enjoyable SU game I've seen in some time. Still lots to do...

The team I saw today was LIGHT YEARS ahead of last year, and that's with Paulus having a very mediocre day. The offensive playbook looks excellent. They had a great variety of formations and plays without resorting to getting too tricky. They started rough, but settled down and really held their own.

And was that an actual defense on the field today? Not just a bunch of random players running around and bouncing off the other team??

I'm really rooting for Morone. He seems like a good guy and it's a great story with him getting his "dream job" (seriously, how many people are you going to find with a dream to coach at SU?). Who knows what this season will end up being, but for the first time in a LONG time, I think Syracuse showed some improvement and potential. If Morone and his staff can prove to be decent recruiters, it may not be so out of the realm of possibility for the Cuse to work their way back into relevancy someday.

I'm really rooting for Morone. He seems like a good guy and it's a great story with him getting his "dream job" (seriously, how many people are you going to find with a dream to coach at SU?). Who knows what this season will end up being, but for the first time in a LONG time, I think Syracuse showed some improvement and potential. If Morone and his staff can prove to be decent recruiters, it may not be so out of the realm of possibility for the Cuse to work their way back into relevancy someday.

I was extremely impressed with Marrone. Robinson's coaching was so subpar, seeing a coach who actually knows what he's doing was refreshing. Not overly impressed with Paulus, performed admirably given the circumstances but I wouldn't mind seeing Dantley or the other QB get a few snaps.

I was extremely impressed with Marrone. Robinson's coaching was so subpar, seeing a coach who actually knows what he's doing was refreshing. Not overly impressed with Paulus, performed admirably given the circumstances but I wouldn't mind seeing Dantley or the other QB get a few snaps.

Yes, would like to see the other QBs get some looks...I will be at the PSU game this week. I am very torn. I'll be happy just to be there and see them play, and would be so happy to see the unfathomable happen and have them win...but I also want to get out of Happy Valley alive....

Can't really say I agree, though since all I know about the other QB's is what I've read prior to the season, I guess that should be taken with a grain of salt. From what I've heard, the other QB's are no more likely to get the team wins, and at least with Paulus you get the extra attention for the program. Syracuse was on ESPN on opening weekend for one reason and one reason only: Paulus. For a team that is trying to rebuild a program almost from the bottom up, that attention cannot be overvalued.

I don't think anyone is (or at least they shouldn't be) expecting big things out of the team this season. Paulus (and his hype) is only around for 1 year; the snaps for the young guys will be there next season.

Can't really say I agree, though since all I know about the other QB's is what I've read prior to the season, I guess that should be taken with a grain of salt. From what I've heard, the other QB's are no more likely to get the team wins, and at least with Paulus you get the extra attention for the program. Syracuse was on ESPN on opening weekend for one reason and one reason only: Paulus. For a team that is trying to rebuild a program almost from the bottom up, that attention cannot be overvalued.

I don't think anyone is (or at least they shouldn't be) expecting big things out of the team this season. Paulus (and his hype) is only around for 1 year; the snaps for the young guys will be there next season.

Agreed on the attention...good or bad, at least it gets the name back out there. My expectations are very low, I figured on a max of 3-4 wins this year, and I think that is being pretty generous. I think they can beat Akron and Maine pretty easily, but the rest of the schedule is a toss up at very best.

Boy, did I like the fire that the defense played with though. That was a breath of fresh air...It reminded me of watching the Notre Dame game last year...Hopefully Marrone can keep that enthusiasm up throughout the year.

lost in the game wrap up is the kicker's performance, Lichtenstein is a freshman that walked on in preseason after the projected starter left the team.

indeed...Actually, since January, they have gone through 4 kickers before Lichtenstein. Looked good.