Unusual Explanations for the Obesity Epidemic

You know, you bring up a huge pet peeve of mine. Kids in strollers that are waaaaay too old and should be walking. What is up with that?

indeed...those bastards want to ride??? Then they should be hobbled, like in Misery....then they can ride. :devil:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You hear something about the stamina of girls in strollers and think something sexual?

You have a problem.

Relax, I have no idea how old your daughter is...for all I know she was in a stroller 40 years ago, which is why I didn't actually make the joke. But come on, you have to admit it was a major double entendre.

indeed...those bastards want to ride??? Then they should be hobbled, like in Misery....then they can ride. :devil:

Those red elongated carts in the grocery with the kids inside the "cabin" or in a seat...

My experience is that such carts are more likely to be filled with microwave meat meals, cookies, whole milk, sugar-bomb cereal, soda pop, candy, frozen Mac 'n cheese, frozen pizzas, ice cream novelties, chips, bacon, etc. Toilet paper, too - no surprise there.

And the obligatory half-gallon of orange juice. To watch out for the kid's nutritional needs...

You take a chance if you get in line at the check-out behind one of these red jitneys loaded with nutrition bombs. God protect you if they whip out W.I.C. cards.

They are the size of the old Hollerith cards, or like lotto pick tickets:

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysi...cher%281%29.JPG

You run the risk of being in line forever as this and that is disallowed (as your own refrigerated and frozen foods heat up), and might get to listen to an interesting bout of howling and accusations. The fact that you are getting stiffed isn't part of the drama.

Those red elongated carts in the grocery with the kids inside the "cabin" or in a seat...

My experience is that such carts are more likely to be filled with microwave meat meals, cookies, whole milk, sugar-bomb cereal, soda pop, candy, frozen Mac 'n cheese, frozen pizzas, ice cream novelties, chips, bacon, etc. Toilet paper, too - no surprise there.

And the obligatory half-gallon of orange juice. To watch out for the kid's nutritional needs...

You take a chance if you get in line at the check-out behind one of these red jitneys loaded with nutrition bombs. God protect you if they whip out W.I.C. cards:

They are the size of the old Hollerith cards, or like lotto pick tickets:

http://image.examiner.com/images/blog/wysi...cher%281%29.JPG

You run the risk of being in line forever as this and that is disallowed (as your own refrigerated and frozen foods heat up), and might get to listen to an interesing bout of howling and accusations. The fact that you are getting stiffed isn't part of the drama.

:flirt::nana:

I have to admit Cincy... I love reading your posts! They (your posts) are so entertaining.

:devil:

Here's another favorite of fat phux everywhere.

https://www.ugodog.net/

Get off your lazy ass and walk your dog. If you work too much to walk your dog, you shouln't have a dog in the 1st place.

I think that's quite innovative and a useful product, not for me, I have an acre of land and an invisible fence...I want to see the link between use of that and obesity.

I think that's quite innovative and a useful product, not for me, I have an acre of land and an invisible fence...I want to see the link between use of that and obesity.

Maybe because instead of walking their dog they'd prefer to do something more important, like sit on their ass.

If anyone hasn't seen Wall-E (Caught part of it last night) I was unaware of the firestorm of criticism surrounding its depiction of morbidly obese people. Did a little googling on commentary and this one below came up on the first page.

Wall-E Linky

"But the metaphor only works if you believe familiar myths about the overweight:......It ought to go without saying that this stereotype of the "obese lifestyle" is simply false. How fat you are has a lot more to do with your genes than with your behavior. As much as 80 percent of the variation in human body weight can be explained by differences in our DNA."

I'll reserve comment for now.

You don't have to have kids to know if the kid has been walking for at least 2 years they really don't need to be in a stroller. And I've seen kids a lot older than that.

:thumbdown:;)

Before you get all snarky... I noted that you said: "...really don't need..." :nana:

Ya you do. Who are you to judge?... You are making sweeping generalizations. You don't know the whole story and if they have been walking around prior to getting into the stroller. I admit it (a stroller) is a convienence for the parent... Maybe they have a tired child?... But, you won't know, you never had children. Please lecture somebody else that is in your boat. It would be like me lecturing you on cooking. Know your limits man! :thumbsup::nana:

The world is going to hell in a hand basket! :lol: You know what bothers me? The people who are driving home and stop at the mailbox in the car... What they can't park the car and wlak to the mailbox? :rolleyes:

:thumbdown:;)

Before you get all snarky... I noted that you said: "...really don't need..." :nana:

Ya you do. Who are you to judge?... You are making sweeping generalizations. You don't know the whole story and if they have been walking around prior to getting into the stroller. I admit it (a stroller) is a convienence for the parent... Maybe they have a tired child?... But, you won't know, you never had children. Please lecture somebody else that is in your boat. It would be like me lecturing you on cooking. Know your limits man! :thumbsup::nana:

The world is going to hell in a hand basket! :lol: You know what bothers me? The people who are driving home and stop at the mailbox in the car... What they can't park the car and wlak to the mailbox? :rolleyes:

Oh yeah you're absolutely right always give the benefit of the doubt. Because walking from the parking lot to the grocery store is soooooo difficult for a six year old and then expect them to walk all around the grocery store after that long, long walk from the car is tough. I really see what you're saying. How could I have been so thoughtless to criticize you holier than thou people who have or are raising children. What ever was I thinking?