Tiger Outdueled!

WWVaBeach

For the 1st time ever when he held the lead at the start of the final round of a major he lost it. Didn't play too bad but the Korean Yang outplayed him.

What's worse is that Tiger refused to be interviewed after the round. :unsure:

Tiger has his hissy fits, but today was over the top. I found myself pulling against him for one of the few times in his career.

I can understand being hard on yourself, but learn some anger management already. He doesn't seem to be having fun anymore like he did when he was younger. I've watched him slowly lose it since his father died. Someone needs to remind him why he started playing the game and that Earl wouldn't approve of todays antics. His own success is starting to hurt him.

Tiger is kinda a dick when he loses. I compare him to Belichek with better marketing around him. HE only wants to win and when he doesn't, things get ugly.

It's a shame that he chooses to be a sore loser. Jack Nicklaus was always happy for the other player when they beat Nicklaus and Jack was willing to talk about the 2nd place finish. Tiger is probably going to shatter just about every record :lol: , so I applaud him for that. I agree he has been and continues to be a dick when he loses :unsure:

Personally, I was glad to see a golfer finally step up and not wilt under the pressure to finally break Tiger's seemingly being invincible when leading. Yang played great and made Tiger make the mistakes.

It's a shame that he chooses to be a sore loser. Jack Nicklaus was always happy for the other player when they beat Nicklaus and Jack was willing to talk about the 2nd place finish. Tiger is probably going to shatter just about every record :wacko: , so I applaud him for that. I agree he has been and continues to be a dick when he loses :blink:

Personally, I was glad to see a golfer finally step up and not wilt under the pressure to finally break Tiger's seemingly being invincible when leading. Yang played great and made Tiger make the mistakes.

wow. can someone please provide me with a link where Tiger was a "poor loser"? The guy has always been all class after a loss - especially considering he has 57 !@#$ing cameras shoved in his face the second he walks off the 18th green. Doesn't make excuses like Sergio, doesn't blow off his opponent like Lebron. Where are you guys getting this sh1t?

wow. can someone please provide me with a link where Tiger was a "poor loser"? The guy has always been all class after a loss - especially considering he has 57 !@#$ing cameras shoved in his face the second he walks off the 18th green. Doesn't make excuses like Sergio, doesn't blow off his opponent like Lebron. Where are you guys getting this sh1t?

Apparently, they are all getting it from their asses -- which is an upgrade for some of them. From all accounts I've heard, he's a popular player on the Tour and a good guy.

What's worse is that Tiger refused to be interviewed after the round. :censored:

What is your source for this accusation? I'm sure it didn't dawn on some of you simpletons that the tournament ended after 7pm and the priority of the network was to get 60 Minutes on ASAP before they started losing the audience, thus they didn't spend time interviewing the runner up. Kinda funny how there are quotes all over the net today from a guy who "refused to be interviewed". :o

As for the golf, it was a great duel and could have swung the other way half a dozen times down the stretch. But Yang played great, made more shots, and (other than his first putt on 17), kept his nerves in check. Everyone will make a big deal out of Tiger losing the major, but he just couldn't get those putts to drop. Anyone else who needed 30+ putts would have been long out of it.

Apparently, they are all getting it from their asses -- which is an upgrade for some of them. From all accounts I've heard, he's a popular player on the Tour and a good guy.

It has nothing to do with the topic really, but he has made every player's paycheck a little bit larger. They should love him.

What is your source for this accusation? I'm sure it didn't dawn on some of you simpletons that the tournament ended after 7pm and the priority of the network was to get 60 Minutes on ASAP before they started losing the audience, thus they didn't spend time interviewing the runner up. Kinda funny how there are quotes all over the net today from a guy who "refused to be interviewed". :lol:

As for the golf, it was a great duel and could have swung the other way half a dozen times down the stretch. But Yang played great, made more shots, and (other than his first putt on 17), kept his nerves in check. Everyone will make a big deal out of Tiger losing the major, but he just couldn't get those putts to drop. Anyone else who needed 30+ putts would have been long out of it.

My source was the CBS announcer who said "Tiger turned the opportunity for an interview and went directly to the clubhouse". :nana:

I remember being at the 1997 Mastercard Colonial and that was the beginning of his not talking after losing.

After losing to Mike Weir in the President's Cup in 2007. PGA 2009. I'm not in the habit of having to track Tiger pulling a LeBron (or is it LeBron pulling a Tiger?) Mickelson talked after his blow up at the U.S. Open.

Link I can't agree with everything this guy says, but he thinks Tiger's a sore loser.

You also did notice that Tiger marked his ball, rather than letting Yang putt last. The tournament was over because all Yang had to do was two-putt from where he was and he still would win, but Tiger couldn't accept defeat. Pretty much every golfer would have putted out in Tiger's position.

Rick Reilly did a column about Tiger's poor behavior last week. Tiger's antics are no secret and I'm not even particularly attacking him. Lots of the greats were sore losers--it's part of what made them perform so well. I am a huge Jordan fan but he was an awful loser. Once in practice, he forearm shived Steve Kerr in practice (I'm talkin' 'bout practice) because his team was losing the scrimmage. Jordan was nuts. Belicheck is like that too.

I have to admit I was never a big Tiger fan, didn't hate, just didn't really like him...he always struck me as a dick. No question he's the best golfer, probably not the best guy. I don't think I'll ever root for him.

Others are getting sick of his schtick as well.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/sto...&id=4347419