Naughty Highlander

millbank

Naughty Highlander

Having one's picture taken sitting next to the Queen is usually no s!@#$ing matter.

Particularly when it's an official photograph of the battalion in full uniform and Her Majesty is there in her role as commander of the armed forces.

But Colonel Simon West didn't appear to be taking the occasion too seriously yesterday.

Queen

Hehehehe. Reminds me of this:

The Queen of England and the Pope were celebrating a public holiday in England one day, in front of a massive audience, when the Queen turned to the Pope and said, "You know, I can make all of the British in the crowd cheer and go wild by just waving my hand." The pope looked at the Queen and asked for a demonstration. The Queen waved her hand at the people, and all of the Brits went crazy - cheering, shouting, and giving a standing ovation for her.

The Pope nodded, and said to the Queen, "Well, I can make all of the Irish in this crowd start cheering by just waving my hand as well." The Queen raised an eyebrow. "Alright," she said. "Prove it." The Pope said ok, and then slapped her.

I guess it goes for the Scots as well.

That's a pretty funny picture.

The reason men sit with their ankles crossed and their knees apart is so that the sporran will weigh down the kilt and keep them modest, as it's referred.

There is no way that an empty day-sporran, much less a much heavier dress sporran such as the one they're wearing, would rest on top of the kilt and not push it down. Look at the others and you'll see what I mean. His hands were on his knees holding the kilt taught, he knew exactly what he was doing, giving "the finger" to the Queen in his own little way.

It's a Scottish thing, and I love it! Ne oblivscaris!