Bears vs. Bills preview

Lori

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/articles/game_day/134/

Looks like I missed all the fun yesterday, as I was adding more frequent-flyer mileage to the car on the Thruway between Rochester and Buffalo. Nope, didn't see Michael Vick anywhere along the route, although I can confirm that a relieved cheer went up from the assembled media on the Growney Stadium sideline when the Vick-to-Eagles news started breaking via BlackBerry.

And rather than dredge up the thread closed by our fearless leader, I'll add my kudos to John Wawrow in this one. Despite the apparent surge of "inside sources" and misinformation from people seeking to contradict him on Vick, Mr. Wawrow -- the Buffalo sports writer for The Associated Press, for those who may still not recognize the name -- had the story (or lack thereof) nailed down tight from the beginning. We are fortunate indeed that he has chosen to contribute to this forum.

Thanks again, John.

http://www.twobillsdrive.com/articles/game_day/134/

Looks like I missed all the fun yesterday, as I was adding more frequent-flyer mileage to the car on the Thruway between Rochester and Buffalo. Nope, didn't see Michael Vick anywhere along the route, although I can confirm that a relieved cheer went up from the assembled media on the Growney Stadium sideline when the Vick-to-Eagles news started breaking via BlackBerry.

And rather than dredge up the thread closed by our fearless leader, I'll add my kudos to John Wawrow in this one. Despite the apparent surge of "inside sources" and misinformation from people seeking to contradict him on Vick, Mr. Wawrow -- the Buffalo sports writer for The Associated Press, for those who may still not recognize the name -- had the story (or lack thereof) nailed down tight from the beginning. We are fortunate indeed that he has chosen to contribute to this forum.

Thanks again, John.

Lori,

Typically stellar report. Thanks as always. Two questions for you:

1) While I wouldn't expect them to be in the same league, could you possibly direct me to someone analogous to yourself on a a Bears website? I mean, if you even know of someone, that is. It would be interesting to see the view from the dark side. Always interesting to see what the other team/media/fan base is thinking of the Bills.

2) Who is this Wawrow of whom you speak? The writer who has yet to master the use of the shift key? Glad he nailed down the story early. One can only express hope on the syntax. In seriousness, having Messrs. Wawrow and Graham on this forum is an honor and a privilege. Thanks to both of you.

"I. Don Quixote" - Brian Stokes Mitchell/Ernie Sabella

Lori,

Typically stellar report. Thanks as always. Two questions for you:

1) While I wouldn't expect them to be in the same league, could you possibly direct me to someone analogous to yourself on a a Bears website? I mean, if you even know of someone, that is. It would be interesting to see the view from the dark side. Always interesting to see what the other team/media/fan base is thinking of the Bills.

2) Who is this Wawrow of whom you speak? The writer who has yet to master the use of the shift key? Glad he nailed down the story early. One can only express hope on the syntax. In seriousness, having Messrs. Wawrow and Graham on this forum is an honor and a privilege. Thanks to both of you.

"I. Don Quixote" - Brian Stokes Mitchell/Ernie Sabella

Don't keep track of other teams' fans too much, but here's the current version of the board I linked to in 2006: http://www.dabears.com/

You can check out the Trib and Sun-Times sites, as well as Kevin Seifert's NFC North blog on ESPN. Trib columnist Dan Pompei used to be the national NFL writer for The Sporting News. I also follow David Haugh (Trib beat writer) on Twitter.

2.) As Mr. Wawrow has previously noted, he only employs the shift key when he's getting paid to do so. We can't afford that, so we settle for the free version. :rolleyes:

hEy LorI, tHAnks FOr thE KInD nOte. iT waS gOOD sEeinG yOU AGaIn.

thIs hELp, WbaY?

jW (beInG a smArT#sS)

oH, aND nO cHArge foR tHe caPS keY.

:rolleyes:

John,

THAT was funny. (Except I had to stand on my head and wear 3-D glasses to read it). Thanks for playing here.

WB