Obama 'Joker' poster suspect questioned....

Clermont police have interviewed one suspect who is admitting to putting up the dozens of posters pasted around the city depicting President Obama as the Joker

City officials, meanwhile, are trying to determine what local crimes might be associated

If they're not sure a crime has been committed, why are they questioning "suspects"

:blink:

Clermont police have interviewed one suspect who is admitting to putting up the dozens of posters pasted around the city depicting President Obama as the Joker

City officials, meanwhile, are trying to determine what local crimes might be associated

If they're not sure a crime has been committed, why are they questioning "suspects"

:blink:

Because Obama has been getting 30 death threats a day, a 400% increase over his predecessor?

Which obviously means we need to curb freedom of speech and "find" crimes when there aren't any.

No, but it obviously means the Secret Service, FBI and federal and local authorities are more alert and looking at "potential" crackpots because "the lone wolf" has been causing more problems lately than the organized groups.

FWIW, I think this is a huge stretch but I would bet it's because of the increased alert.

Which obviously means we need to curb freedom of speech and "find" crimes when there aren't any.

I think the posters have their own kind of brilliance....

but if the issue is defacing property, then the city should have a say.

Did they go after the people putting up the "Kill Bush"posters?
A Cleveland woman, manhandled by police and charged with two felonies for trying to display anti-Bush posters, was jailed in a Cuyahoga County psych unit last week in what her attorney called a "highly unusual and outrageous" decision.

McGintyTimothyJ.jpgCarol Fisher, 53, was ordered by state court Judge Timothy McGinty to undergo a psychological examination as a part of her pre-sentencing investigation in the anti-Bush poster incident.

From the onset of the case, Judge McGinty openly claimed Fisher suffered from "mental problems" for resisting a brutal encounter on Jan. 28 when Cleveland Heights police manhandled and arrested her even after complying with orders to not display the anti-Bush posters on a downtown Cleveland Heights street.

And during a last minute May 9 hearing, Judge McGinty said Fischer's opposition to the Bush administration makes her "delusional."

http://www.illuminati-news.com/051306b.htm

I am just putting this out there for discussion. I really have no idea how far to go is too far or too short or just about right with stuff like this.

There were signs comparing President Barack Obama to a Nazi and showing him with an Adolf Hitler-style mustache, but federal officials believe another sign referencing the president and his family went too far.

A man who was holding a sign reading "Death to Obama" Wednesday outside a town hall meeting on health care reform in Hagerstown, Md., has been turned over to the Secret Service.

Washington County Sheriff's Capt. Peter Lazich said the sign also read, "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids."

Lazich said U.S. Secret Service agents took the unidentified 51-year-old man into custody Wednesday afternoon after deputies detained him near the entrance to Hagerstown Community College.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/politics...d-53134147.html

No, but it obviously means the Secret Service, FBI and federal and local authorities are more alert and looking at "potential" crackpots because "the lone wolf" has been causing more problems lately than the organized groups.

FWIW, I think this is a huge stretch but I would bet it's because of the increased alert.

Sooooo can we atribute the increase to more crazies or more paranoia?

Because Obama has been getting 30 death threats a day, a 400% increase over his predecessor?

Not exactly a shocker. Didn't quite a few of us predict a serious attempt on his life during his term, based on the idea that there's still enough racist wackos out there?

This poster thing seems faintly ridiculous, though. That's a lot of work being put in to a "defacing public property" investigation.

Washington County Sheriff's Capt. Peter Lazich said the sign also read, "Death to Michelle and her two stupid kids."

The posters are one thing, but that's just fckued up. There's a lot of irrational hatred out there and that wacko needs the type of help that only a well-padded room can provide.

I am just putting this out there for discussion. I really have no idea how far to go is too far or too short or just about right with stuff like this.

I wasn't directing ire at you - just the process as it seems to be. I've yet to be in any decent sized city and not see a crapload of flyers stapled up all over the place - they don't seem to care about defacing property when it's for a garage sale, a garage band, a lost pet, or some other such thing but heaven forbid we make fun of a politician in such a manner. Well, except this country was actually founded on the freedom to do exactly that.

America is losing the things that actually make it special.

I think the posters have their own kind of brilliance....

but if the issue is defacing property, then the city should have a say.

At this point officials are not sure how much damage was caused by the signs or the dollar amount associated with the clean-up.

I think that has something to do with it. Also, as KTFABD pointed out similar issues regarding Bush have been dealt with too. Wacko conservatives are using everything and anything to work against Obama like putting out lies about death panels. :rolleyes: Very unsurprising.

I wasn't directing ire at you - just the process as it seems to be. I've yet to be in any decent sized city and not see a crapload of flyers stapled up all over the place - they don't seem to care about defacing property when it's for a garage sale, a garage band, a lost pet, or some other such thing but heaven forbid we make fun of a politician in such a manner. Well, except this country was actually founded on the freedom to do exactly that.

It does seem like they're going out of their way to find relatively harmless vandals. Hopefully this is just a case of local law enforcement stepping over the line. Freedom of speech is almost as important as our right to bear AK-47s after all.

Garage sale signs have to be taken down after the garage sale is over or the person can be fined. (At least that's the law in York Pennsylvania.) Bands can be fined as well but every one I've seen is taped up not a full sticky paper. Lost pets are something different. It's bad PR for the city to fine someone over that. They are also in windows with the permission of the business owner and I've never seen one that wasn't easily removable. Those examples don't cause permanent damage or excessive work to remove. Using a paper with a full sticky back is much harder to remove. If they were taped up and put there for a couple of weeks who cares, but making them permanent on private property is the same as graffiti IMO.