Bowen moves over to back up Mitchell

Beerball

Cool. I'm hoping the
can work his way up the depth chart. IIRC, people seemed high on this kid last year before his camp injury.

Surprising how Ashlee Palmer who was undrafted, had already worked his way above Bowen in the first place.

.. well what has any rookie really ever done. But all the time rookies take the field as starters.

Ellison has lasted as a starter in this league for almost 3 years. While he's not a dominated force, or even an impact player, he doesn't hurt the defense and is not a liability. He is not getting blown off the ball or missing tackles, he's not making great plays either.

We have seen nothing of Harris and Bowen. They haven't played a down in this league yet. One is just learning the LB position and the other is coming off major knee surgery. They've played in half of one training camp, and people are already saying they want them to start over a proven guy that is just average.

I'm hoping that either of them turns out to be better than Ellison, and eventually can start there soon. But I'm certainly not going to say they are better at this point and annoint them as starters just because I want them to be. I'll reserve my judgment of how good they are until, you know, they actually play in some games.