New UFL uniforms

ACor58

I think they have a shot to succeed. They don't fancy themselves as a challenger to the NFL and they ar epositioning themselves to be like the CBA or D-NBA or whatever they call it now. The NFL actually needs a developmental league now that NFLE and Arena Football are gone. This is an excellent place for players to go as an alternative to the P-Squad. There are legit coaches there who can help them get better. plus it's way way to get seen by more teams actually playing. Don't be surprised if some guys turn down P-Squad to go play in the UFL.

That said, the uniforms are atrocious.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few things I am thinking reading this post this morning.

The guy that designed those should be fired immediately!!!

I didnt see JP Losman in the LV photos but I did see alot of Ken Dorsey. Whats up with that?

The XFL bombed but Im pretty sure thats due to a few things. Pretty much everyone refused to take it seriously because V. McMahon and his wrestling/entertainment background. Vince was the Commissioner and Owner of every team. If all teams were owned by Vince then why does it matter what team wins? And whats stopping Vince at that point from "fixing" it all just like he does wrestling? This adds to the reason why it wasnt successful, No Gambling because no one was sure that it wasnt fixed. There needed to be more teams, and it needed to be on at the right time of year.

Flame away if you will. Its my story and Im stickin to it.

Actually there were lines in XFL games so there was gambling on it (What kind of degenerate do you have to be to bet on that) and like I said in an earlier post a lot of people caught on to the fact that these games were so low scoring thanks to no pass interference rule that you could take the under almost every time until they changed the rule (Over Unders were set as low as 24)

I think they have a shot to succeed. They don't fancy themselves as a challenger to the NFL and they ar epositioning themselves to be like the CBA or D-NBA or whatever they call it now. The NFL actually needs a developmental league now that NFLE and Arena Football are gone. This is an excellent place for players to go as an alternative to the P-Squad. There are legit coaches there who can help them get better. plus it's way way to get seen by more teams actually playing. Don't be surprised if some guys turn down P-Squad to go play in the UFL.

And the revenue to pay the players and coaches is going to come from ...... ???

Agreed.

They probably won't make it, as it is very hard to to make it in an alternative league. But they have a shot.

Come on. What else are you going to do on a Friday Night in October? Redwoods vs Locomotives on Versus. Ugly uniforms, lime green stripes on the football and JP Losman at QB? What could possibly be better?

I didn't mind the XFL. I think it could have worked if they left the WWE hype out of it. Obvious cliche statement: Football fans will watch football. All the trash talk, gimmicks and hype ruined the XFL. I'll watch the UFL out of curiosity and if I don't go blind from the grotesque uniforms, I'll keep watching.

Also, stay tuned for the new USFL in the Spring. Allegedly.

I didn't mind the XFL. I think it could have worked if they left the WWE hype out of it. Obvious cliche statement: Football fans will watch football. All the trash talk, gimmicks and hype ruined the XFL. I'll watch the UFL out of curiosity and if I don't go blind from the grotesque uniforms, I'll keep watching.

Yep. I remember the turning point for me was some where around the mid-point of their season, they kept hyping how instead of the team locker room cameras at halftime, they were going to show the cheerleaders locker room. Turns out to be another bad WWE skit, where the camera man who was supposed to go in got "knocked out" and they showed what he dreamed it would be like.

And the revenue to pay the players and coaches is going to come from ...... ???

They have a TV deal and that's a start. Don't be mistaken. Expenses and salaries are gonna be low. It's disappointing that they dropped the ball on the unis and swag though, that's a rich market for a league and the look is horrid.

I wouldn't be surprised, if they hang around for a year or two and do the D-League thing well that the NFL partnered with them as a D-League.

75% chance they're done in a year. 90% chance they are done in two, but they've got a shot.