New UFL uniforms

ACor58

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The opposite of traditional isn't ugly. Different is one thing but those just look stupid.

Oh, there's not doubt they look horrible. But that's why I like them. It's like if "Tron" had a football league. This is great.

This proves that most people in the UFL don't know what they're doing.

And it proves the XFL and Vince McMahon had it right. He knew how to brand his product. Vince McMahon was a genius and the XFL was done the right way. They just didn't have enough teams to get TV ratings. (no team in Detroit, Boston, etc). Some say the XFL uniforms were crazy. Memphis and Orlando come to mind and that's true. But the Las Vegas Outlaws had a great uniform. Classic look.

These UFL guys are nuts. All helmets will have a UFL logo. The real uniforms are coming out next year. They have names this year, but no logos and teams colors. I can't believe they were this stupid.

And it proves the XFL and Vince McMahon had it right. He knew how to brand his product. Vince McMahon was a genius and the XFL was done the right way. They just didn't have enough teams to get TV ratings. (no team in Detroit, Boston, etc). Some say the XFL uniforms were crazy. Memphis and Orlando come to mind and that's true. But the Las Vegas Outlaws had a great uniform. Classic look.

These UFL guys are nuts. All helmets will have a UFL logo. The real uniforms are coming out next year. They have names this year, but no logos and teams colors. I can't believe they were this stupid.

XFL unis were a good example of how to do second tier teams uniforms. They were flashy but not stupid they drew the eye and looked cool (The NY/NJ hitmen had pretty cool uniforms). Not every team looked cool but I would say that 5 or 6 out of 8 had pretty good looking uniforms.

However the XFL was not executed right. The players and coaches had not enough scrimmages and preseason games to understand the rules. There was no pass interference penalty which on top of other rules led to games being hidiously low scoring. The quality of the games were low.

Bookies were setting over unders as low as 24 and most of the time you could take the under and be right. They did change the pass interference rule which had a 5 yard rule similar to the NFL. I like the rule of no fair catch (As well as after 25 yards its a live ball) and the extra point being a two point conversion and you could get 2-5 point conversions if you moved the ball back further.

There were a lot of issues with the XFL not just they didn't have teams in the right cities. As much as the UFL doesn't know what its doing the XFL wasn't much better.

And it proves the XFL and Vince McMahon had it right. He knew how to brand his product. Vince McMahon was a genius and the XFL was done the right way.

This HAS to be a joke, right?

The XFL was a disaster and you could tell from the get-go. McMahon has no business being anywhere near a legitimate sport.

The XFL was a disaster and you could tell from the get-go. McMahon has no business being anywhere near a legitimate sport.

Agreed.

I think Chris Berman said it best about why the XFL was not successful, "Do'nt promise "A" through "Z", when all you can deliver is "A"."

The XFL was done right except they didn't have the teams to get the ratings. Vince got a bum rap by the media. A media that didn't want to cover the league. Their stadium attendence was pretty good.

The QB play was bad and McMahon knew it. They could have fixed that with time. The TV announcers were bad (WWF guys) and they fixed that. The rules were good. A lot of XFL coaches are in the NFL now. Some players did well in the XFL and the NFL i.e. Tommy Maddox.

The XFL was done right except they didn't have the teams to get the ratings. Vince got a bum rap by the media. A media that didn't want to cover the league. Their stadium attendence was pretty good.

The QB play was bad and McMahon knew it. They could have fixed that with time. The TV announcers were bad (WWF guys) and they fixed that. The rules were good. A lot of XFL coaches are in the NFL now. Some players did well in the XFL and the NFL i.e. Tommy Maddox.

I have no idea where you are going with this. McMahon is a guy who can market soap-opera based, scripted fake-sports, to morons. Good for him. If taking money from stupid people makes someone a genius, then Madonna is one the smartest people in the world.

They marketed the game as a "tougher" version of the NFL. But it was bulls#it. The audience came looking for blood, but the product didn't deliver. No legitimate football product can deliver on that. Adding slutty cheerleaders doesn't help the product, either.

It was the "lowest common denominator" approach to football. A complete embarrassment, IMO.

Even if they had teams in better markets they still would not have done well. They tried to fix things like putting in a pass interference penalties but it was too little too late. As far as stadium attendance they gave away and heavily discounted tickets so the revenue for stadium attendance just wasn't there.

Some of the rules were OK (Like I said no fair catch and live ball for punts after 25 yards plus the extra point was a two point conversion), the promotion was decent the announcing was bad but was the least of the leagues problems.

Like I said the league was riddled with problems it wasn't just the media bias and wrong markets (They did have NY,LA, and Chicago). Its execution was terrible you don't start a league with a whole bunch of new rules and only play a few games before hand and have scrimmages with no refs.