Lee Evans on ESPN Radio

Pitta

Scott van Pelt fed him two opportunities to say Edwards could be great and will he be good?

Evans dodged both questions and said a lot is on Trent's shoulders.

Wow

Maybe Lee is blaming Edwards for the fact that Lee sucked a$$ last year going the last ten games without a TD.

Maybe Lee is blaming Edwards for the fact that Lee sucked a$$ last year going the last ten games without a TD.

Yes, it is usually the receiver's fault when the QB doesn't get him the ball.

<_<

Yes, it is usually the receiver's fault when the QB doesn't get him the ball.

<_<

Great WRs do it no matter who the QB is and make the QB look better. When your "best" WR only covers 1/3 of the field then you have a problem.

The reason why Owens gets open all the time is his willingness to run over the middle, and not after 30 yards only like Evans. I like Evans as a person, but he's too 1 dimensional to ever be that great without a great WR and a great QB.

Great WRs do it no matter who the QB is and make the QB look better. When your "best" WR only covers 1/3 of the field then you have a problem.

The reason why Owens gets open all the time is his willingness to run over the middle, and not after 30 yards only like Evans. I like Evans as a person, but he's too 1 dimensional to ever be that great without a great WR and a great QB.

Are you suggesting he's breaking his routes?? Do you have an inside source?? How do you know he was asked to run a 7-in and instead took it 25 yds. downfield???

Please.... <_<

Are you suggesting he's breaking his routes?? Do you have an inside source?? How do you know he was asked to run a 7-in and instead took it 25 yds. downfield???

Please.... <_<

Have you ever seen Reggie "I'll run it to the outside every play" Bush play? If you think players don't play to their own tune to a certain degree and get plays called they feel comfortable with personally you are insane.

I never suggested any of your strawmen arguments. My point is he never has a play drawn up for him to run across the middle. Now I know I might be reading into this, but I've watched him play now for several years.

Lastly, the last time I saw him play to the middle of the field it was when Losman was QB against the Rams several years back. He short armed the play, stopped his route when he heard footsteps, and the ball was INTed. The DB did nothing special except stop when Evans stopped running his route.

Next time show me where I'm wrong instead of proving your ignorance.

Has anyone, at any time, seen him catch a ball in the middle of the field within 15 yards of the LOS? I've seen him run to the middle with some bombs.

If you want to watch a real WR watch Owens and realize why he's consistently open, namely, because he covers more than 1/3 of the width of the field. Players have to watch him in 3 directions, not 2.

2. in my many conversations with Lee, he is truly excited about having TO on this team. could he be messing with me? it's possible. yet, i've been dealing with Lee since he got here, and i do believe he has a genuine desire -- personal, professional and competitive -- to make the playoffs however that might happen.

and if you recall (or not), i spoke to Lee immediately after the bills signed Terrell, and he was totally enthusiastic then. he is no less now.

but, believe what you want. i think this is a non-story, a non-starter, and an issue Lee can't win for trying if anyone wants to approach him with it. no matter what his answer is, your (and i'm using the figurative sense) mind is made up.

that's unfair.

jw

BRAVO!!!! <_<

Scott van Pelt fed him two opportunities to say Edwards could be great and will he be good?

Evans dodged both questions and said a lot is on Trent's shoulders.

Wow

So he said what he thinks and you weree looking for a canned DJ kind of reply.

"Julia, how was it working with Clive Owen and Steven Speilberg"

"Clive is the best, most fantastic actor and we really connected, and Steven got the best performance out of both of us"

That what you want?

Have you ever seen Reggie "I'll run it to the outside every play" Bush play? If you think players don't play to their own tune to a certain degree and get plays called they feel comfortable with personally you are insane.

I never suggested any of your strawmen arguments. My point is he never has a play drawn up for him to run across the middle. Now I know I might be reading into this, but I've watched him play now for several years.

Lastly, the last time I saw him play to the middle of the field it was when Losman was QB against the Rams several years back. He short armed the play, stopped his route when he heard footsteps, and the ball was INTed. The DB did nothing special except stop when Evans stopped running his route.

Has anyone, at any time, seen him catch a ball in the middle of the field within 15 yards of the LOS? I've seen him run to the middle with some bombs.

If you want to watch a real WR watch Owens and realize why he's consistently open, namely, because he covers more than 1/3 of the width of the field. Players have to watch him in 3 directions, not 2.

Losman never played against the Rams. The last time the Bills played the Rams before this past season was 2004, and the Bills won 37-17. Bledsoe's only INT came on an deep left sideline pass.

So because Evans doesn't run routes across the middle, it's his fault? As in they're designing plays for him going across the middle, but he's instead taking them deep/refusing to do them?

It's more on the coaching staff that he doesn't go across the middle. Not Evans.