Kelsay and Wood Wrestle

JoeF

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, Wawrow told me Kelsay was the first guy battling with Wood. By the time everything cleared up enough for me to see them, 70 had moved on to mixing it up with McCargo. Those two also had to be pulled apart, with 97 circling back to make one final comment to the rookie.

Highlight of the practice. Give me four more like Wood, and the Bills will have the best line in the league. Told Chuck Pollock afterward, "That kid's going to be the best lineman on the team by midseason."

He didn't disagree.

thanks for the help, Lori.

am told, and have reported that Kelsay eventually had Rhodes in a headlock and brought him to the ground. Wood was funny talking about it afterward. look for me to add to the story.

jw

am told, and have reported that Kelsay eventually had Rhodes in a headlock and brought him to the ground. Wood was funny talking about it afterward. look for me to add to the story.

jw

Rhodes probably said something like, "I was able to make it into the Colts locker room last year" to McCargo....

I like it, practicing against a player that is better than you forces you to become better...

Kelsay could use the help...Come gametime he will benefit.

Rhodes saw it the same way after his scuffle with Bowen..

"Dominic Rhodes, who was one of the principle players in the fight at practice Wednesday didn’t mind that some tempers flared feeling it might develop some mental toughness and confidence that they’ll stick up for each other.

“We hadn’t had a fight yet, it was about time, every training camp,” said Rhodes. ”Maybe that’s going to start us into what we really want to be and that’s Super Bowl champs.”

As to whether the coaches like it or not, Rhodes thinks they like it."

Now, the sad part was no ball Dick's response

“I don’t think it shows much of anything except a lack of discipline,” he said.

Seems the players are showing some attitude...and not even some Levite can put Wood into that Dick.

I like it, practicing against a player that is better than you forces you to become better...

Kelsay could use the help...Come gametime he will benefit.

Rhodes saw it the same way after his scuffle with Bowen..

"Dominic Rhodes, who was one of the principle players in the fight at practice Wednesday didn’t mind that some tempers flared feeling it might develop some mental toughness and confidence that they’ll stick up for each other.

“We hadn’t had a fight yet, it was about time, every training camp,” said Rhodes. ”Maybe that’s going to start us into what we really want to be and that’s Super Bowl champs.”

As to whether the coaches like it or not, Rhodes thinks they like it."

Seems the players are showing some attitude...and not even some Levite can put Wood into that Dick.

Thats bullsh-t. I know HS and college are different from the NFL but the coaches loved it when we fought. The looks on their faces was like a kid at Christmas. It shows your intensityand that you wont be pushed around by anyone.

And I guarantee Wood got an atta boy from the OL vets. Maybe they need to take a page from EW's book.

This team has been soft for waaaaay too long.

As has already been noted on this board, Dick Jauron (and everyone else in the front office) will almost never say what they're really thinking to a reporter. Please don't think that DJ is saying anything but what he thinks he *should* say.

As has already been noted on this board, Dick Jauron (and everyone else in the front office) will almost never say what they're really thinking to a reporter. Please don't think that DJ is saying anything but what he thinks he *should* say.

But you wish, when he's not saying anything, he could at least not say it in a more colourful fashion, kind of like....

Mike Leach

"If you get into a fight, don't take your helmet off...We're looking for smart football players, not dumb ones. In the interest of time, don't get into any more fights today." - Mike Leach

or...

“I told him to fix his helmet, which I thought was a pretty good coaching point at the time.” - Ibid.

Is it just me or does this thread illustrate the old Bills vs the new Bills? You have the classic high motor, trying, heady, show-you-like-your-job-and-got-paid Kelsey going against the tenacious, mean, smart, athletic (for a man with that build), Wood. This little training camp skirmish is why I think the Bills will get better each year from here on out. Another couple drafts with more Woods and less Kelseys will turn this franchise right around.

jw

Your report is much better than Chris Brown's.......just sayin'. :w00t:

Also, let's not forget this was the report:

Though the coach smiled when asked about the fights, Jauron said he's not a fan of them.

"I don't think it shows much of anything, really, except for a lack of discipline," Jauron said. "If it happens on game day it really costs you. ... It doesn't make a lot of sense, but it is human nature."

I think DJ is just fine with the skirmish...in practice.

Also, let's not forget this was the report:

I think DJ is just fine with the skirmish...in practice.

The smile says a lot. I do believe DJ was trying very hard not to be too colorful with his comments but couldn't quite contain his pleasure.