OT Jon Runyan has been cleared to work out.

Tipster19

I would love to Buffalo sign him, especially because of his mentality and experience but if there were ever a chance of that happening I guess there is a few big factors that would have to be cleared. First, could he allow himself to play for another team and leave Philly. The other couple of factors that would have to be determined is what his relationship is like with Tom Modrak and TO.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp...ce=NFLHeadlines

Ah, one could only wish!

Call me crazy but I have to assume that Runyan would rather eat a heaping helping of alpaca excrement than share a locker room with TO again.

Exactly what would that assumption be based on? Do you think Jon Runyan formulates his opinions after watching sportscenter?

God oh God please let us sign him. I can't think of another player we could realistically dream about that would be better suited to man the position for us this year. He brings everything to the table that we lack now and could make us rather formidable. While I don't see him making a transition to LT, I can easily see him manning the RT spot with little or no blocking help, much the same way as JP did on the left side, allowing us to utilize more TE and RB support over there. Would be a huge acquisition.

I was going to post something similar to this when I read that Andy Reid met Runyan at the funeral for their late DC, the two talked and it was stated he was going to bring Runyan back to Philly because OT Andrews still has back problems.

The Bills would be wise to sign this player if for nothing else then for leadership and experience ( probably knows more then Kuglar) and insurance, in case one of Buffalo's current OT's can't get it done.*cough we already know cough*

PS, the problem TO had in Philly was with McNabb and Reid, the other players loved the guy on their team!

I was going to post something similar to this when I read that Andy Reid met Runyan at the funeral for their late DC, the two talked and it was stated he was going to bring Runyan back to Philly because OT Andrews still has back problems.

The Bills would be wise to sign this player if for nothing else then for leadership and experience ( probably knows more then Kuglar) and insurance, in case one of Buffalo's current OT's can't get it done.*cough we already know cough*

PS, the problem TO had in Philly was with McNabb and Reid, the other players loved the guy on their team!

A little more info on the Eagles wanting Runyan back...

Link to Full Article

Quote from the article:

The only questions are: A) Will he accept coming back as a backup? And B) Are the Eagles willing to throw him enough money to make him feel like it's worth his time?

Great article by Ross Tucker on Jon Runyan.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writ...nyan/index.html

Jon was a great tackle, but its really time for him to hang them up. The guy has been having trouble walking and coming back from microfracture surgery isn't the easiest. Another injury and he might never get back to playing with his kids. Jon, its time to think about your family.

I don't think adding another shaky RT would do this team much good. We'd still be stuck with Langston out of position on the left side, while not knowing what we're getting on the right side, just like it is now.

If we were to add any sort of tackle, IMO, it should be a LT. That would secure two positions at once (LT, and Walker back to RT) and essentially the entire line with one move.

Too bad there aren't any out there.

Exactly what would that assumption be based on? Do you think Jon Runyan formulates his opinions after watching sportscenter?

No but I'm pretty confident that he wasn't amused by the McNabb/To feud in Philly. Runyan's not the kind of guy to have a public quote to post a link to about it but from his demeanor in other matters I'm making an educated guess that he was less than amused by the situation.

No but I'm pretty confident that he wasn't amused by the McNabb/To feud in Philly. Runyan's not the kind of guy to have a public quote to post a link to about it but from his demeanor in other matters I'm making an educated guess that he was less than amused by the situation.

I'm sure that TO definitely created some division within the locker rooms, but from what I read, he was very much respected by most all that played with him, especially in relation to the players.

Jon was a great tackle, but its really time for him to hang them up. The guy has been having trouble walking and coming back from microfracture surgery isn't the easiest. Another injury and he might never get back to playing with his kids. Jon, its time to think about your family.

Good post.

I don't think adding another shaky RT would do this team much good. We'd still be stuck with Langston out of position on the left side, while not knowing what we're getting on the right side, just like it is now.

If we were to add any sort of tackle, IMO, it should be a LT. That would secure two positions at once (LT, and Walker back to RT) and essentially the entire line with one move.

Too bad there aren't any out there.

The Runyan/Eagles' situation reminds me an awful lot of the Mark Tauscher/Packers' situation. both clubs are in a wait and see mode on these two players but Tauscher could be that LT that we need.

I would love to add him to the roster, but I'm not insensitive to his injury situation. I wouldn't encourage him to play if he didn't want to, but obviously the guy understands the risk involved and still wishes to play - probably his passion for the game. I don't think financial security plays into this at all, surely he could work for ESPN or the NFL network once he retires if he wants to. All that being said, if he plays anywhere, might as well be here =].