I don't miss the Sabres as much as I thought

stevestojan

I have been asked before who I would pick if i had to, the Bills or the Sabres. It used to be a tough question.

When the sabres went to the cup, me and a friend weight for 17 hours outside for tickets, and didnt get a single one. But, I was still crushed when they "lost" the cup to Dallas.

But now, I know the answer, clear as day. I hadnt even thought about the Sabres until the other day when someone was bitching about hockey on the radio. If September ever rolled around and there was no football? Holy crap, I would go insane.

So, sorry Sabres, and all you GREEDY, GREEDY players who can't figure out that your entertainment simply isnt worth as much as that of the NFL (due to TV contracts), but I really don't miss it all that much.

i miss it alot. One thing that made me realize just how much i love hockey was when the bills got crushed on sunday night last year against the Chiefs.....the sabres were playing in colorado that night and they beat the avs on a late goal by chris drury and finished a nice west coast trip and suddenly i didnt care about the bills losing so badly.

I miss hockey but it's mostly because they won't be playing later this year. The battle for Lord Stanley is far and away the best postseason offered in sport. What those men go through to lift that trophy is nothing short of remarkable.*

*Plus, if the Devils win it again, I'll get to drink from it. Again.