Jonathan Stupar

I saw enough in one game to think that the Bills should cut either Shouman or Fine, and keep Stupar and obviously Nelson, who will be the TE pretty soon. While he isn't necessarily starter material Stupar is already more valuable than having two small TEs who basically don't do anything well. He can block better than either of them, and has decent hands and can move. There will always be places in the league for a TE that can block, even if they aren't a great threat as a receiver, but Stupar proved in one half that he isn't a slouch.

Fine and Shouman are pretty much the same guy and they don't excell at anything. I am so sick of these kinds of guys at TE for the Bills, following a long succession of smallish average white guys who can't block and can't receiver and can't stretch the field. As a TE you need to do at least one thing very well, either block or catch or be fast, and Derek Shoumanfine don't do any of them very well. They are just decent at them.

I saw enough in one game to think that the Bills should cut either Shouman or Fine, and keep Stupar and obviously Nelson, who will be the TE pretty soon. While he isn't necessarily starter material Stupar is already more valuable than having two small TEs who basically don't do anything well. He can block better than either of them, and has decent hands and can move. There will always be places in the league for a TE that can block, even if they aren't a great threat as a receiver, but Stupar proved in one half that he isn't a slouch.

Also proved he could take a pretty good hit. Poor guy was hung out by the QB (Baker or Hamden?).

Also proved he could take a pretty good hit. Poor guy was hung out by the QB (Baker or Hamden?).

Baker had the suicide throw to him., and seriously if you werent able to see the differnce between Baker and Hamdan then euhrm..

I was disappointed in what I saw from Schouman on Sunday. He just can't block... at all. Fine is a better blocker and much better receiver than Schouman.

I really like Stupar as well. I remember trolling the Pats board a year or so ago and finding many posts about how upset they were that some guy named Jonathan Stupar was cut. I had no idea who he was at the time, but remembered the name when we picked him up. Sure enough, he has become a favorite of Bills fans just like he was in New England.

I'd definitely cut Schouman for Stupar. Schouman doesn't give us anything that someone else at TE is already better at. Fine can handle the duties with Nelson getting reps here and there as well. And, IMO, Stupar will be just fine in real game situations and can probably play special teams better.

Fine and Shouman are pretty much the same guy and they don't excell at anything. I am so sick of these kinds of guys at TE for the Bills, following a long succession of smallish average white guys who can't block and can't receiver and can't stretch the field. As a TE you need to do at least one thing very well, either block or catch or be fast, and Derek Shoumanfine don't do any of them very well. They are just decent at them.

Shouman is more versatile and has been utilized all over the field as an H-Back and traditional TE. He is the veteran of the group and Fine is only in his 2nd year. I think it would be almost impossible to jettison one of these guys in favor of Stupar, who did show promise.

We have 4 more games left in preseason for guys like Stupar to show the coaching staff what they've got.

I agree with you. From what I saw in Sunday nights game, Stupar played the best, in my opinion, off all the tight ends. Fine did show a few nice flashes. I wanted to see more of Nelson as well. But I definitely think Stupar played well.

Guest dog14787

My bro and I were also commenting on how Stupar really played well and when he took that big hit and jumped up like it was nothing, I'm thinking to myself, wow, now there's a football player. :thumbsup:

I think they went right back to him for a completion on the very next play if I remember correctly.

It's 1 game out of 5.

I'm not ready to anoint Stupar the next great thing, yet. However, Shouman and Fine have done very little to impress in actual games. So, I'm all in in. Seeing what we have at TE, I'd say keep 2 of them (Nelson and someone), and give the roster spots to someone that might actually contribute something.

Royal was a smallish average white guy? I KNEW it! Something was fishy about him from the start.

I'm pretty sure Stupar is black though.

GO BILLS!!!

Trent has gone on the record saying his choice for the starting tight end is Schouman. After that, DJ pretty much said that would be the case. I thought Stupar looked very good in camp, too. But it seems for him to make it, the Bills would have to cut Fine. I like Stupar over Schouman, at this point.

I have no idea what Stupar's rep is, but on Sunday night, I saw Stupar on at least one play get completely abused as a blocker, and nearly get Hamdan killed.

If we want a true blocking TE, they're not hard to find...just not sure that's what Stupar is.

Royal was a smallish average white guy? I KNEW it! Something was fishy about him from the start.

I'm pretty sure Stupar is black though.

GO BILLS!!!

Stupar is white.

Check out this article about him: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5090601785.html

Also, Stupar is the nephew of Jeff Hostetler, and the brother of current Penn State linebacker Nate Stupar. His father was also a lineman at Penn State from 1976-79.

Baker had the suicide throw to him., and seriously if you werent able to see the differnce between Baker and Hamdan then euhrm..

I am sorry Oh Leader of the Hamdenites please forgive my indiscretion.

I will perform 3 Our Gibrans and 3 Hail Hamdens as penance.

Stupar is white.

Check out this article about him: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5090601785.html

Also, Stupar is the nephew of Jeff Hostetler, and the brother of current Penn State linebacker Nate Stupar. His father was also a lineman at Penn State from 1976-79.

Perhaps I should have hit the 'sarcasm' button a bit harder. But thanks for the Stupar info nonetheless.

GO BILLS!!!

It's 1 game out of 5.

It's not so much that Stupar is so good but that Derek Shoumanfine is so average. It does us no good to have two of the same player when neither of them will ever be big or fast or great blockers. It's pretty obvious that Stupar can block better than either of them. And we can't afford to keep four TEs I don't think.