Obama's health care plan will soon be dead in the water.....

Obama did take two oaths - because the justice administering the first one screwed up the verbage, and Obama (or more likely one of his senior advisers) wanted to avoid any claims of "his presidency is illegitimate because the oath of office was screwed up". There's nothing wrong with that...but you can't claim he wasn't sworn in twice.

And as much as I hate the title "czar" (unless someone wants to make me the national czar in charge of breast fondling, which I could live with), arguing that naming someone a czar violates the president's oath of office (which is apparently inviolate anyway because he took it twice) is just looney. <_<

Oh, I remember the two oaths, but if you're going to nitpick like you're nitpicking just to be a nitprick, I didn't say it wasn't true that he didn't take two oaths, only that the fruitcake was a fruitcake. :o

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And as much as I hate the title "czar" (unless someone wants to make me the national czar in charge of breast fondling, which I could live with), arguing that naming someone a czar violates the president's oath of office (which is apparently inviolate anyway because he took it twice) is just looney. :o

Well, there was an elected breast fondling czar in this country recently.

Oh, I remember the two oaths, but if you're going to nitpick like you're nitpicking just to be a nitprick, I didn't say it wasn't true that he didn't take two oaths, only that the fruitcake was a fruitcake. :o

Turns out I misread your post the first time.

And the fruitcake is, in fact, a fruitcake.