Passengers have to spend a night on a plane

Beerball

All right, a w/ a bit of common sense interjected into the situation:

W/ apparently all the problems confronted, what's wrong w/ chartering a bus & driving the passengers to their destination?

WAY quicker for them, seemingly avoids several issues/problems & likely even CHEAPER for the airline(s).

HELLO! McFly!

If there were no screeners there, it may be there was no baggage handlers available to unload their luggage.

Since when do you need security screeners to deplane, or to board a connecting domestic flight after you've already gone through the process before the first leg of the trip?

Complete bullpucky. I normally use Continental out of Buffalo, and yes, I've been on those ExpressJets. I may need to rethink my choice of airlines.

That's nice. Use our big, well known logo but don't call us if there are any problems.

How about a law that bans letting sh--y little airlines masquerade as big airlines?

:o<_<

I am all for that KD! Same thing in the gov't with gov't contractors. That is what will happen (and does at few sites that are contracted out) with regard to where I work. One of the reasons why private commercial shipping WANTS the gov't to keep the inland locks and dams staffed in-house by the gov't.

I don't know that I could have stood for that. I can't sleep in a sitting position, especially in a cramped, POS airplane. I think they'd have to sedate me.. :o

Actually, in a regional jet, if you are over about 5'10" you literally couldn't have stood for that.

• 2 weeks later...

Link

Q. Can't I just get off the plane?

A. No. The captain has ultimate control of the plane and generally will determine if and when to return to the gate and allow passengers to get off.

Q. How long can the crew keep me on the plane before heading back to the gate?

A. There's no law or rule mandating that the crew allow you to get off after a certain period. Legislation introduced in the Senate in July would require planes delayed more than three hours to return to a gate.

Seems a possibly disastrous combination. :lol:

:lol: