Passengers have to spend a night on a plane

Beerball

I was trapped on a plane for 6 hours as every time they rolled out the runway, they would find their problem had not been fixed. Sucked big time, all you can do is sit back and hope you have enough to entertain yourself (books/phone/laptop/movies). First time I've been on a plane where people clapped when it took off instead of at the landing.

I thought there were a bunch of laws passed about this several years ago after a number of high profile cases? It amazes me that in these situations, no one says 'f--- it' and yanks out a window and goes down the escape slide.

In any other situation, this would be called unlawful restraint.

My wife and I were diverted up to Duluth, MN due to a storm. We landed and were on the tarmac for about 5 hours. It really sucked... :thumbsup: The worst part was that the flight crew was giving ZERO information about what was going on. In addition, the flight attendants were acting rather rude as well.

Overall terrible experience.

Few years ago in Philly, I'm taking a 10 PM or so USAir flight to Buffalo (one of those 50 seaters).First, they move us about 3 gates, as our original plane had a problem. I was the second on, and the lights go out in the cabin. Get off and they can't get them on again. About 10:45 they say it is fixed. We get on and the pilots start the checklist. The problem comes up again. Say it is a card in the computer. The mechanics go over to the original plane and take the card out of that one and put it in ours. Were OK. Had to wait 5 more minutes because the tow motor won't start (it was Christmas time). As we pull back we all applaud. Saw the rest of the ground crews walking to the exit in the terminal. we were the last plane to leave the terminal that night. Got into Buffalo about 12:45 AM.

At least the crew kept us appraised of what was going on at each step. I hate when they don't say anything about the delay.

Last Christmas, I was flying into Charlotte. About 90 seconds before touchdown, we suddenly pull up. As soon as the plane made a 180, the crew got on and told us that a plane had not cleared the runway and that we were waved off. We finished the circle and came right in.

For starters, Continental referred all questions on Continental Flight 2816 to ExpressJet, which operated the flight as a regional flight under the Continental logo.

That's nice. Use our big, well known logo but don't call us if there are any problems.

How about a law that bans letting sh--y little airlines masquerade as big airlines?

Just a bit more info! The finger pointing is just beginning apparently. Airline doesn't seem quite so innocent any longer.

I've personally been on the tarmac at DFW for hours during a storm & the crew has used that same line: "Federal Regulations do not allow us to return to the gate to allow you to de-plane." Nice to know (according to the airport) that that is a bunch of hooey.

Mini rant time...there is no industry that I use frequently that has less concern for the customer than the airlines. Not much recourse to us and they know it. Buy your ticket, sit down and shut up seems to be their motto.

As a smoker, that would be very difficult. I always travel with the patch, but may have had to use the old "I have medication I need in my checked luggage below" to just get off the plane.

I would have fired up in the john. So the smoke alarm goes of-what ya going to do, throw me off the plane? Please do.

All right, a w/ a bit of common sense interjected into the situation:

W/ apparently all the problems confronted, what's wrong w/ chartering a bus & driving the passengers to their destination?

WAY quicker for them, seemingly avoids several issues/problems & likely even CHEAPER for the airline(s).

HELLO! McFly!

All right, a w/ a bit of common sense interjected into the situation:

W/ apparently all the problems confronted, what's wrong w/ chartering a bus & driving the passengers to their destination?

WAY quicker for them, seemingly avoids several issues/problems & likely even CHEAPER for the airline(s).

HELLO! McFly!

That actually happened to me when I was flying into Monterey, CA one time. There was dense fog, so they diverted us to San Jose and bussed us to Monterey. Worked great.

That actually happened to me when I was flying into Monterey, CA one time. There was dense fog, so they diverted us to San Jose and bussed us to Monterey. Worked great.

And only about a 50 mile trip.

My wife and I were diverted up to Duluth, MN due to a storm. We landed and were on the tarmac for about 5 hours. It really sucked... :( The worst part was that the flight crew was giving ZERO information about what was going on. In addition, the flight attendants were acting rather rude as well.

Overall terrible experience.

Had a similar experience last December. Was stuck on a plane for 3 hours in Philly on my way back from Atlanta. We weren't allowed to even stand up and get the circulation back in our legs. Then I think the flight back to PDX was another 5 hours. Got home to find that I had to drive home in ice. That trip has cured me from wanted to fly across the country for a while. :thumbsup: I'll stick to west coast flights for now. :lol:

Had a similar experience last December. Was stuck on a plane for 3 hours in Philly on my way back from Atlanta. We weren't allowed to even stand up and get the circulation back in our legs. Then I think the flight back to PDX was another 5 hours. Got home to find that I had to drive home in ice. That trip has cured me from wanted to fly across the country for a while. :thumbsup: I'll stick to west coast flights for now. :lol:

nothin to see in Atlanta anyhoo.