WAYYYYYYYY OT DOes anyone here Trade Options

taterhill

I know this is slim, but I am looking to get into some option trading, and the last time I really looked at some of that was my 1999 series 7 exam....Just have a few questions, that I could not find when using google :D

110275[/snapback]

That sounds risky. What's all involved?

I know this is slim, but I am looking to get into some option trading, and the last time I really looked at some of that was my 1999 series 7 exam....Just have a few questions, that I could not find when using google :D

110275[/snapback]

You have a Series 7 and are not fluent in options? Hmm...that is interesting.

I just took that freakin exam, and options make up 30% of the exam, with bonds making up another 45%...so it seems after that exam, options should be running out the ears.

110313[/snapback]

check back with me in 5 years when you NEVER use the info, and do not trade one option for a client, then see how much you remember...it is not as if I know nothing, I was just looking for someone who actively trades them for some info, so congratulations on passing the FREAKIN exam

check back with me in 5 years when you NEVER use the info, and do not trade one option for a client, then see how much you remember...it is not as if I know nothing, I was just looking for someone who actively trades them for some info, so congratulations on passing the FREAKIN exam

110322[/snapback]

Oh that's 100% true. I took the 3 a few years ago, and I hardly do anything with futures anymore. I answered a futures data question wrong today (I thought you only needed CBOT data for treasury bond futures, but the 13 week T-bill trades on CME... oops).

After studying like crazy for the 7, I knew the whole syndication/take down structure of bringing a company public. I'd be lucky to get a 40 on that test today. I don't even want to think about the material on the Series 55.

At my former employers, Commodity Trading Advisors, I did a limited amount of trading in Futures Options. Don't know if I can be of much help, (I do consider myself fairly proficient at Yahoo-ing :D ) but if you wanna ask, I'll give it a try.

(You can PM me if you prefer.)

At my former employers, Commodity Trading Advisors, I did a limited amount of trading in Futures Options.  Don't know if I can be of much help, (I do consider myself fairly proficient at Yahoo-ing :D ) but if you wanna ask, I'll give it a try.

(You can PM me if you prefer.)

110357[/snapback]

Thanks, Hopsguy, pointed me in the right direction for what I was looking for, but I appreciate the offer

-Now before I get started I have a question. Has anyone here passed the series seven?

-I have a series seven license.

-Good for you, now you can get out too.

110436[/snapback]

We hire trainees, not brokers.

I just took that freakin exam, and options make up 30% of the exam, with bonds making up another 45%...so it seems after that exam, options should be running out the ears.

110313[/snapback]

I took the 7, too, and thought I knew everything about options.

Then I started trading them.

Nothing like a little experience to teach one how KzooMike he actually is...

110275[/snapback]

And by the way...do your own f'in homework, you lazy-ass loser! :lol:

Yeah, I know...I'm a JERK. :lol:

CBOE has a great free disc on options. I have it kicking around here somewhere. It is very informative. Series 7 is a B word! Not that I took it but my Father did. I dabble in options and trade stocks and read a bunch of his books. Congrats to whomever passed their Series 7- I know how difficult that test is