Worth a laugh

Just saw this on ESPN insider and had to laugh...

2004 Draft, Round 1 QBs' salaries

1. Eli Manning ($97.5M/5-yrs/NYG)

4. Philip Rivers ($40.5M/6-yrs/SD)

11. Ben Roethlisberger ($102M/8-yrs/PIT)

22. J.P. Losman (1-yr/UFL)

*Manning just signed his deal, Rivers is in his last year and Roethlisberger signed last year.

*Manning just signed his deal, Rivers is in his last year and Roethlisberger signed last year.

The Bills blew it. Again. Yippee? :wallbash:

I honestly think that of those 4, 3 of them would have been mediocre on the bills regardless.

Big Ben got put in a perfect situation, and Eli caught lightning in a bottle. I'm don't think Eli is a top 10 starting QB.

Drafting some O-linemen was a start, but there's still huge holes to fill there, which means we're not going to be that effective on offense (for the 5th year in a row?)

I honestly think that of those 4, 3 of them would have been mediocre on the bills regardless.

Big Ben got put in a perfect situation, and Eli caught lightning in a bottle. I'm don't think Eli is a top 10 starting QB.

Drafting some O-linemen was a start, but there's still huge holes to fill there, which means we're not going to be that effective on offense (for the 5th year in a row?)

I agree...Manning had one good 2nd half to go with a killer D front 7.

And I agree that Big Ben is the only guy who would be successful on this Buffalo team.

I agree...Manning had one good 2nd half to go with a killer D front 7.

And I agree that Big Ben is the only guy who would be successful on this Buffalo team.

I think Phillip Rivers is an excellent quarterback. The Bills had no opportunity to draft Manning or Rivers but I see no reason to think that Rivers wouldn't excel here.

Tom Donahoe's "gift" to the Buffalo Bills organization. Great job TD, you sure were the "silver fox" all right.

I wonder who makes more money:

JP or Mort's son?

It depends on what Mort's son wants to do after he gets cut by Tennessee. Right now the answer is JP, but I doubt JP is making very much to play 6 games of minor league football (IF the league ever plays those 6 games). Fortunately for JP, if he didn't do anything stupid, like become a Madoff client, he should have tons of money & can basically play for free for as long as he wants to. To put things in perspective, JP made more last year than many people will for their entire working lives.

I think Phillip Rivers is an excellent quarterback. The Bills had no opportunity to draft Manning or Rivers but I see no reason to think that Rivers wouldn't excel here.

uhmmmmm...I still get the Cutler-like screw up vibe from Rivers.