Patrick Kane arrested in Buffalo for assaulting cabbie

PastaJoe

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You go ahead and stick with your imprisoned story, if it proves to be correct, I will come back and wear the paper bag. If they were outside the car and assaulted him, will you do the same?

It is too stupid to be believed. The cabbie had their money, refused them change, AND imprisoned them, for some unknown reason?

Right.

Nobody in their right mind would consider locked doors during the payment transaction "imprisonment".

It is too stupid to be believed. The cabbie had their money, refused them change, AND imprisoned them, for some unknown reason?

Right.

Nobody in their right mind would consider locked doors during the payment transaction "imprisonment".

As the late Johnny Cochran or F. Lee Bailey might say, 'I don't need someone in their right mind: all I need is one juror." <_<

As the late Johnny Cochran or F. Lee Bailey might say, 'I don't need someone in their right mind: all I need is one juror." <_<

Are you up for jury duty, any time soon?

Something to the effect of, 'Well, if they dropped the felony charges, then what's that stupid, thieving, lying, recidivist drunk of an illegal cabbie got left? I want my $1.20 back!'

($20 CN)

Didn't he already take his total fare back (after knocking the cabbie around a little)?

Obviously, the Grand Jury thought so.

Watch out old men, 20 Cent is in town, and he's looking to put a beat-down on your ass.

Didn't he already take his total fare back (after knocking the cabbie around a little)?

Obviously, the Grand Jury thought so.

Watch out old men, 20 Cent is in town, and he's looking to put a beat-down on your ass.

NO. NO!!!

Now see, there you go again...all that was found on the Kanes was the torn-half of a $5 bill - or approximately $2.50. Minus the $1.20 in change that Klepto-Kabbie kept, that's about a buck-thirty, yes?

NO. NO!!!

Now see, there you go again...all that was found on the Kanes was the torn-half of a $5 bill - or approximately $2.50. Minus the $1.20 in change that Klepto-Kabbie kept, that's about a buck-thirty, yes?

20 Cent smack an old man down for a quarter!

20 Cent don't leave no tip. Cabbie should be tipping HIM just for riding in his cab!

But 20 Cent feels imprisoned when the cab door is locked.

20 Cent smack an old man down for a quarter!

20 Cent don't leave no tip. Cabbie should be tipping HIM just for riding in his cab!

But 20 Cent feels imprisoned when the cab door is locked.

Well, it does appear that things won't down pretty much as I surmised - cabbie illegally locks kids in, kids get upset, argument starts, cabbie demands fare, kids - now very agitated - shove him the money and - no longer in a 'tipping mood' - demand their change, recidivist-drunk-illegal-cabbie operating w/out a drivers license refuses to give the boys their change....

Tempers undid Kanes, cabbie

By Gene Warner l Buffalo News Staff Reporter l August 20, 2009

Neither side would budge.

The 62-year-old taxi driver figured he probably had two "jumpers" in the back seat, college-age youths he figured might bolt from his cab without paying as soon as the doors were unlocked.

The two young men, age 20 and 21, felt trapped and seemed upset that the cabbie wouldn't unlock the doors. That's when the argument began, as paraphrased by two sources familiar with the Aug. 9 disturbance near Canisius College. "I'm not letting you out 'til you pay the fare," the cabbie told them.

"Open the door," the youths yelled back. "Let us out."

That's how sources say the argument began at about 5 a.m. Aug. 9, just before the physical attack that led to Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick T. Kane and his cousin being indicted Wednesday on misdemeanor and violation offenses -- but no felonies.

By the time Kane, 20, and his cousin, James M. Kane, 21, either shoved or threw $15 at cabbie Jan Radecki, tempers already were frayed between the two cousins and the driver.

Sources then said the verbal exchange went something like this:

"Now unlock the doors and give us some change," one of the Kanes said.

"The fare was $13.80," the cabbie replied.

"We don't care. We want our change."

You can read the rest yourself...

link

...but it would appear, from the article cited, that - as I have maintained all along - the Kanes were locked in against their will, paid their fare, and - now upset at being illegally locked in the back of an unlicensed recividist-drunk's cab - were quite understandably not in a 'tipping mood' and, in fact, also wanted their $1.20 change ($20 CN), to which they were fully entitiled and which unlicensed and illegal recidivist drunk cabbie had absolutely no right to steal from them. :devil:

But since this was the only one made public, it's Kane that everyone wants to throw under the bus, rather than realizing these things go way beyond just Pat Kane.

And rightly so, we are a "deep pocket" culture. That is the way it works. Also, that comment is for you too Cheffy. There is nothing wrong with that "deep pocket" concept. One has more, one has more to lose. If one has more, comes more responsibility. You don't want to lose your rep or money, don't phuck up. You guys probably won't agree, but nobody cares about low profile cases... Yet, it is the high profile case that bring awareness and change.

Well, it does appear that things won't down pretty much as I surmised - cabbie illegally locks kids in, kids get upset, argument starts, cabbie demands fare, kids - now very agitated - shove him the money and - no longer in a 'tipping mood' - demand their change, recidivist-drunk-illegal-cabbie operating w/out a drivers license refuses to give the boys their change....

Tempers undid Kanes, cabbie

By Gene Warner l Buffalo News Staff Reporter l August 20, 2009

Neither side would budge.

The 62-year-old taxi driver figured he probably had two "jumpers" in the back seat, college-age youths he figured might bolt from his cab without paying as soon as the doors were unlocked.

The two young men, age 20 and 21, felt trapped and seemed upset that the cabbie wouldn't unlock the doors. That's when the argument began, as paraphrased by two sources familiar with the Aug. 9 disturbance near Canisius College. "I'm not letting you out 'til you pay the fare," the cabbie told them.

"Open the door," the youths yelled back. "Let us out."

That's how sources say the argument began at about 5 a.m. Aug. 9, just before the physical attack that led to Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick T. Kane and his cousin being indicted Wednesday on misdemeanor and violation offenses -- but no felonies.

By the time Kane, 20, and his cousin, James M. Kane, 21, either shoved or threw $15 at cabbie Jan Radecki, tempers already were frayed between the two cousins and the driver.

Sources then said the verbal exchange went something like this:

"Now unlock the doors and give us some change," one of the Kanes said.

"The fare was $13.80," the cabbie replied.

"We don't care. We want our change."

You can read the rest yourself...

link

...but it would appear, from the article cited, that - as I have maintained all along - the Kanes were locked in against their will, paid their fare, and - now upset at being illegally locked in the back of an unlicensed recividist-drunk's cab - were quite understandably not in a 'tipping mood' and, in fact, also wanted their $1.20 change ($20 CN), to which they were fully entitiled and which unlicensed and illegal recidivist drunk cabbie had absolutely no right to steal from them. :devil:

"Locked in against their will". You kill me, Sen.

"20 Cent don't like locked doors, makes him ascared!"

"A locked door, for the time it takes to pay a cabbie, is imprisonment!" -20 Cent

I hope this kitty-thug never has to spend two minutes in the penalty box.

"Locked in against their will". You kill me, Sen.

"20 Cent don't like locked doors, makes him ascared!"

"A locked door, for the time it takes to pay a cabbie, is imprisonment!" -20 Cent

I hope this kitty-thug never has to spend two minutes in the penalty box.

Locked in by a strange cab driver - possibly drunk, certainly operating said cab w/out a valid drivers license - in a strange neighborhood? I, too, would 'have my guard up'.

But you fail to address this drunken criminal's refusal to return the boys $1.20 ($20 CN) change that they clearly requested and which said illegal cab operator had no right to pocket - certainly a crime itself!

What the Kanes were arrested for IS the incident. :devil:

Exactly. And as much as people want to duke them out if they feel they are trapped or can't get their POV across, society and the law frowns upon that kind of action and rightly so in this case! Allegedly the cabbie didn't lay a finger on the Kanes (that is for the grand jury to sift through and it seemed they did). So what is the problem? Pay up and you can leave even if you feel you are being extorted an EXTRA 20 CENTS. :cry: The Kanes didn't like being extorted 20 cents... So they fight with their fists and then complain they were trapped. :flirt::nana:

Common sense will tells one that they should take the path of least resistance... And let the 20 cents slide. Some people do not like to be submissive even when common sense tells them they should be. The Kanes went for the best possible outcome and came out with the second worse (and almost the worst!). I am not saying the cabbie is getting his best possible outcome either, he wil get his for his past transgressions. Maybe Pat should have went to college, not just partying there!

This is just classic.

Locked in by a strange cab driver - possibly drunk, certainly operating said cab w/out a valid drivers license - in a strange neighborhood? I, too, would 'have my guard up'.

But you fail to address this drunken criminal's refusal to return the boys $1.20 ($20 CN) change that they clearly requested and which said illegal cab operator had no right to pocket - certainly a crime itself!

Now you are just plain making crap up! The passengers have no way of knowing that about the cabbie. And strange neighborhood? Ya, they just don't know their way around Canisius when they get dropped off right in front of the college dorms! :devil::flirt:

Question Sen? You from South BFLO?

Exactly. And as much as people want to duke them out if they feel they are trapped or can't get their POV across, society and the law frowns upon that kind of action and rightly so in this case! Allegedly the cabbie didn't lay a finger on the Kanes (that is for the grand jury to sift through and it seemed they did). So what is the problem? Pay up and you can leave even if you feel you are being extorted an EXTRA 20 CENTS. :nana: The Kanes didn't like being extorted 20 cents... So they fight with their fists and then complain they were trapped. :devil::flirt:

Common sense will tells one that they should take the path of least resistance... And let the 20 cents slide. Some people do not like to be submissive even when common sense tells them they should be. The Kanes went for the best possible outcome and came out with the second worse (and almost the worst!). I am not saying the cabbie is getting his best possible outcome either, he wil get his for his past transgressions. Maybe Pat should have went to college, not just partying there!

This is just classic.

You are saying the illegal, recidivist-drunk cabbie had every right to lock these boys in, and then - after they paid their fare - to pocket their $1.20 change?

Maybe you need to go back to school! :cry:

Probably not the dumbest thing you've ever posted, as you post an incredible amount of stupid stuff, but it has to be close. You think the Kanes KNEW his license was expired?

Damn that's silly.