what would you do if you were the Fins new GM

envirojeff

I was talking with a friend of mine who is a Fin fan and I agree with his idea.

First, he is happier than a pig in stevestojan that Wanny is gone.

!.) Trade off Thomas and Taylor and anyone else worth anything

2.) Stockpile draft pics

In a couple 3 years they should start to see the sunlight

What do you think?

Jeff

I was talking with a friend of mine who is a Fin fan and I agree with his idea.

First, he is happier than a pig in stevestojan that Wanny is gone.

!.) Trade off Thomas and Taylor and anyone else worth anything

2.) Stockpile draft pics

In a couple 3 years they should start to see the sunlight

What do you think?

Jeff

110107[/snapback]

That's a great start. They need to get rid of everyone who played with Loser Dan until the choking mentality running throughout the locker room that has tainted that organization is completely gone. To this day, I'm still concerned with us picking up Troy Vincent after seeing what has happened to the Eagles the last 3 NFC Championship games.

Ditch Fiedler at the end of the season. They will never go any damn place with him as their quarterback and for some reason he seems to be bad luck for any QB they bring in to "replace" him. They need to start anew at that position without Jay's big ears hovering in the background like the Cheshire Cat's grin.

Guest Guest_eyedog_*

Draft picks is the way to go. Start gutting the team and trading any valuable player. They must draft the best qb they can get their hands on in the next draft and build around him. The Cowboys did it with Aikman and a bunch of picks, we all know what happened after that.

If I were GM? I'd cut all the players and sign all roookies straight out of college. Then after a couple of years, I'd cut them all again and resign all new rookies. That'd guarantee that the Dolphins would SUCK for a long time. :D:lol:

CW

They are lacking at QB. The B listers have not gotten it done for them. They can draft the best available though I think I remember our reasoning for drafting JP was the class of 2005 was lacking at QB. Perhaps they put a package together for SD to take Rivers or Brees off their hands. I imagine SD cannot invest a lot in 2 QB's. I imagine they can get a second rounder for Rickey, someone like Jerry Jones or Denny Green will take a chance. I would draft OLine and hope the D can recapture their effectiveness.

I would begin to purge the team by getting rid of high priced players such as Thomas, Seau, Taylor, Fiedler.

Hire Spurrier, he will fill seats for the first year there.

Draft smartly around a offense for Spurrier.

Pick up free agents on defense.

If that does not work..who cares!