Tonight we were reminded of the past

seq004

...past tense. My sister who's a huge Bills fan, myself, and my daughter are watching Bruce and Ralph get in. There inductions bring up what great teams we had and WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM WITH THE LAST 10 YEARS?! Was it free agency that has made it so hard for the Bills to succeed? New York taxes? Scouting and drafting? It's sooooooo frustrating wanting to be a winner again and watching the Pats stock up on talent every offseason. OK I'm done whining.

Whine away! I fully agree with you! I've been whining for years. http://www.stadiumwall.com/style_images/bi...icons/icon1.gif

I've been a Bills fan since '68 and the Bills have always seemed to struggle to collect and put top talent on the field, with the exception of the Super years. I think in the end, the problem is Ralph. I appreciate that RW has kept the Bills in Buffalo, but he almost never has invested very much money in the team.

Since Wade Phillips and John Butler left, RW has not invested in proven or talented coaches and staff. Also, since Tom Donahoe, RW has not brought in any Football Management people. GM types. Instead, he's running the team fractured, by committee. Another legacy from Donahoe - too much power in one man's hands, so diffuse the power structure of the team. Just my 2 cents, some thoughts for further expansion for anyone else.

We may have been pretty mediocre the past 10 years but it's definitely not because Ralph doesn't care.

PTR

I think he cares a lot, but has failed to get top veteran coaches...and the young rookie coaches he tried, unfortunately failed for him.

I think he cares a lot, but has failed to get top veteran coaches...and the young rookie coaches he tried, unfortunately failed for him.

Ralph has always had a problem hanging on to talented front office people and coaches