Has anyone ever heard of or used Granicrete?

zevo

Its a newer concrete system that you can use to resurface existing countertops that achieve the look of granite or marble. Im looking to get granite countertops installed but came across this idea. www.granicrete.com

I saw it used on a TLC show....Flip this House or something like that....The folks flipping the home as well as the new buyers were extremely impressed. I have not personally seen results though.

I saw that episode also. I also have not seen the product in person, but on TV it looked good.

Looked on their website... does anyone know costs on this for counters and interior floors (per sq. ft.)?

i got a rough estimate of it being 45 $ per sq ft to resurface existing laminate countertops. that seems a bit pricey.

What's wrong with the real thing? We redid out bathroom and we bought a whole slab and had extra so we had them do the guest's bathroom and the counter in the toilet room. I don't remember what we paid but hell it was worth it.

Well I was actually looking into concrete cast countertops as I think this is where the kitchen counter trend is going. And I came upon the granicrete. I think it is just the idea of simplicity as in not having to tear out the old countertops but still get a great look.

Well I was actually looking into concrete cast countertops as I think this is where the kitchen counter trend is going. And I came upon the granicrete. I think it is just the idea of simplicity as in not having to tear out the old countertops but still get a great look.

Hell at $45 per square foot they should cook you breakfast clean the dishes and rip out the old counter for free. :thumbsup: