Just Noticed Something From Jerry Jabber's Post

K-9

From the BuffaloRumblings camp report of 8/7/09:

"QB Trent Edwards. He looked much better today than he did last night. His throws were crisp, and he looked far more decisive. He did throw an interception to rookie Ellis Lankster, but had a few nice connections with Terrell Owens and a terrific 20-yard seam route to Derek Schouman. Edwards and the starters will get a series or two on Sunday; let's hope the offense can make use of those live reps. Look for Trent to call his own plays as well."

This is very interesting to me. When I heard Marv on WGR the other day say that he'd never seen a young QB as smart as Edwards when it came to reading defenses, I started wondering about him calling his own plays. This will be an interesting experiment.

First the no huddle. Nelson getting time with the first team as a slot guy. Now the possibility of Edwards calling his own plays. Hmm. I'm reminded of great days of yore. Not delusional, just reminded.

If and when the OLine proves capable of handling things on the fly (and that may take a couple seasons) and Edwards proves adept at calling his own plays, we could be tough to defend.

Baby steps first, I know. I don't think we're anywhere near ready to run a quick-paced no-huddle outside of the two-minute drill (and maybe we're not good at that even). But the possibilities are intrigueing.

GO BILLS!!!

From the BuffaloRumblings camp report of 8/7/09:

"QB Trent Edwards. He looked much better today than he did last night. His throws were crisp, and he looked far more decisive. He did throw an interception to rookie Ellis Lankster, but had a few nice connections with Terrell Owens and a terrific 20-yard seam route to Derek Schouman. Edwards and the starters will get a series or two on Sunday; let's hope the offense can make use of those live reps. Look for Trent to call his own plays as well."

This is very interesting to me. When I heard Marv on WGR the other day say that he'd never seen a young QB as smart as Edwards when it came to reading defenses, I started wondering about him calling his own plays. This will be an interesting experiment.

First the no huddle. Nelson getting time with the first team as a slot guy. Now the possibility of Edwards calling his own plays. Hmm. I'm reminded of great days of yore. Not delusional, just reminded.

If and when the OLine proves capable of handling things on the fly (and that may take a couple seasons) and Edwards proves adept at calling his own plays, we could be tough to defend.

Baby steps first, I know. I don't think we're anywhere near ready to run a quick-paced no-huddle outside of the two-minute drill (and maybe we're not good at that even). But the possibilities are intrigueing.

GO BILLS!!!

I know that Trent Edwards' results have been sort of a mixed bag so far, and I know there are those who question his arm...but what I have liked about him, from day one, is that he just seems smart, and to think fast. Now, I know he had some horrendous games last season, so his smarts may not count for much...but I get the feeling, he could call his own plays, and that he could be very successful as a result. Kelly played his best, when calling his own plays...as big as his ego was, it wasn't so big that he was afraid to call on the running game when it was working...I think Edwards will be very good in the no-huddle...and a guy with Owens experience, who isn't afraid to speak up, could really help him...