Official White House Press Statement

President Barack H. Obama and the entire White House staff are joyously celebrating the drop in the percentage rate of unemployed Americans for July 2009. President Obama would like to personally thank the 796,000 unemployed Americans who have given up looking for a job. Those 796,000 unemployed Americans who have given up all hope of ever finding a job are THE reason why the unemployment rate dropped from 9.5% to 9.4%.

Thank you.

(Note: The White House is working feverishly on trying to explain how the Stimulus money is somehow helping the economy since only $100 Billion of the $787 Billion has been spent. Obama administration officials are concerned that Americans will think that the economy is recovering due in no part to the Stimulus and may want the program canceled.)

Hmmm seems to me that when unemployment dropped under the Bushistas it was because of his glorious leadership?

$100b is a lot of money. We're seeing an improvement in WA, slowly but surely. I supposed you'd have been happier if the govt just gave the money away like the Tooth Fairy? Or did you LIKE watching that bridge collapse in Minneapolis?

I'm waiting for one the scumbag liberal politicians (there aren't any other kind in the SF Bay area) to claim that the stimulus package help build the new BART station in my town. The money was allocated when they built other station in 1994. It was started last year, but one of the politicians will try to tie it to that.

Bottom Line: the $100 billion stimulus money already spent probably hasn't produced many jobs or even had a positive effect on the economy. The remaining stimulus money should be frozen.

The US economy will improve w/o the help of the government, thank you!

Still, I hope President Obama is having a great time at the expense of the 796,000 unemployed Americans who have completely given up hope of ever finding a job. I guess this qualifies as "Change" since I don't recall Bush ever doing something like this.

Bottom Line: the $100 billion stimulus money already spent probably hasn't produced many jobs or even had a positive effect on the economy. The remaining stimulus money should be frozen.

The US economy will improve w/o the help of the government, thank you!

It seems to me that maybe, just MAYBE the first part of the stimulus had an effect on the economy. Slowing it down or better yet, getting things to slowly move in the right direction.

Oh and people have given up looking for a job? Doubt that. The American people by in large have pride and will earn their money... provide for their families.

There's a HUGE party going on all weekend at the White House!

President Obama is celebrating the fact that 796,000 unemployed Americans have completely given up ALL hope of ever finding a job so they decided to stop looking. So, the unemployment rate went down by .10%.