8/7/09 Practice

Kyle Williams and Ellis Lankster; those are 2 guys whose names I like to hear.

I expect Kyle to really step it up this year, and I'm one who felt he's played pretty well up until now anyway.

Although McCargo got hurt, it's good to hear he was giving it his all up until then. I'm kind of pulling for him, just hope he can stay healthy this year.

Thanks for the link!!

Kyle Williams and Ellis Lankster; those are 2 guys whose names I like to hear.

I expect Kyle to really step it up this year, and I'm one who felt he's played pretty well up until now anyway.

Although McCargo got hurt, it's good to hear he was giving it his all up until then. I'm kind of pulling for him, just hope he can stay healthy this year.

Thanks for the link!!

I'd like to keep Lankster and jettison Florence; those San Diego games were terrible and I am sure he would do that here too.

The Bills have endured injury plagued seasons over the past 2-3 years. Particularly last year and the year before.

At what point do we look at our current Strength/Conditioning coach and start pointing a finger? I understand injuries are unavoidable. But recently the pure volume has been insane. Just a thought...

The Bills have endured injury plagued seasons over the past 2-3 years. Particularly last year and the year before.

At what point do we look at our current Strength/Conditioning coach and start pointing a finger? I understand injuries are unavoidable. But recently the pure volume has been insane. Just a thought...

What he said.

Any update on McCargo?

Last update I saw: Bills post-practice injury report from coach Dick Jauron: DT Spencer Johnson was a little sore but did not leave practice. DT John McCargo was kicked in the calf; Bills will wait and see how he feels. He also remained on the field. C Marvin Philip suffered a knee injury, the severity is unknown.

He remained on the field, so it shouldnt be too serious, but u never know...

Since none of these appear to be "serious" I wouldn't a.) equate them with anything that's happened the last two years nor b.) even go so far as to assume we have more injuries than every other team in the league pitting human wrecking balls against one another.

Since none of these appear to be "serious" I wouldn't a.) equate them with anything that's happened the last two years nor b.) even go so far as to assume we have more injuries than every other team in the league pitting human wrecking balls against one another.

1. We have yet to play a preseason game, yet we already have 8 listed injuries. Granted several of these are injuries that are carried over from last year. I just see the injury bug already creeping up on us and we are only 2 weeks into camp.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/inju...pFg8QeYubt.2bYF

2. I don't need to assume that we have had more injuries than every other team over the past couple of years. It is a documented fact.

2007: 17 players on IR. Including 10 starters....this is an extraordinary amount. ...http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/injuries;_ylt=AgV5gOF6_mgUfpFg8QeYubt.2bYF (2007)

2008: While last year was better in terms of players placed on IR. We still had 10 by the end of the year and 9 when this article was written. In additions, impact players such as Jabari Greer, Donte Whitner, Terrance McGee and Trent Edwards all missed significant time (several weeks.)

As I stated, I understand that injuries will happen in this league. They are the unavoidable sum of what you so eloquently described: "pitting human wrecking balls against one another" However, proper strength and conditioning can in large part act in preventive capacity. I believe there could be a direct correlation between the promotion of John Allaire several years ago and our increase in injuries (serious and minor).

I second that.

we fired Rusty, the guy that was the acknowledged best in the business, to bring in a crony I think it was of Mularkey.

Then he left and we got DJ and Fairchild/Turk.

Now the only legit coach we have is Bobby April. Maybe they should fire him.

we fired Rusty, the guy that was the acknowledged best in the business, to bring in a crony I think it was of Mularkey.

Then he left and we got DJ and Fairchild/Turk.

Now the only legit coach we have is Bobby April. Maybe they should fire him.

In Turks defense, we really don't know the quality of a coach he will be. He has had success at every level thus far. I like some of the things he has done...so I am reserving judgment on him until after this season.

Fairchild was atrocious. I can't believe he wasn't canned.

1. We have yet to play a preseason game, yet we already have 8 listed injuries. Granted several of these are injuries that are carried over from last year. I just see the injury bug already creeping up on us and we are only 2 weeks into camp.

2. I don't need to assume that we have had more injuries than every other team over the past couple of years. It is a documented fact.

2007: 17 players on IR. Including 10 starters....this is an extraordinary amount. ...http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/buf/injuries;_ylt=AgV5gOF6_mgUfpFg8QeYubt.2bYF (2007)

2008: While last year was better in terms of players placed on IR. We still had 10 by the end of the year and 9 when this article was written. In additions, impact players such as Jabari Greer, Donte Whitner, Terrance McGee and Trent Edwards all missed significant time (several weeks.)

As I stated, I understand that injuries will happen in this league. They are the unavoidable sum of what you so eloquently described: "pitting human wrecking balls against one another" However, proper strength and conditioning can in large part act in preventive capacity. I believe there could be a direct correlation between the promotion of John Allaire several years ago and our increase in injuries (serious and minor).

They're may be.

They're may also be a correlation as to how YOUNG our team is. After all, didn't we have near perfect off-season workout attendance both last year and this year? That'll take its toll on the unseasoned player, and since we have so many of those (have since we blew up the organization in 2006 when Jauron was hired), youth could also serve as an ample explanation to all these injuries.

But alas, let's not have our pointing fingers on the trigger just yet, like I said before, none of the injuries in 2009 are "serious." (KNOCK ON WOOD)

They're may be.

They're may also be a correlation as to how YOUNG our team is. After all, didn't we have near perfect off-season workout attendance both last year and this year? That'll take its toll on the unseasoned player, and since we have so many of those (have since we blew up the organization in 2006 when Jauron was hired), youth could also serve as an ample explanation to all these injuries.

But alas, let's not have our pointing fingers on the trigger just yet, like I said before, none of the injuries in 2009 are "serious." (KNOCK ON WOOD)

I hadn't thought of this but its a good point. Youth and being unseasoned could very well be a contributing factor. Hopefully we are able to stay healthier than we have been in recent years.

I wish we still had Rusty Jones. I don't remember injuries being anywhere as near as frequent and high in number when he was our strength and conditioning coach...

Rusty jones best in the league

Why the Bills didn't pay him to stay is costing us now.

I wish we still had Rusty Jones. I don't remember injuries being anywhere as near as frequent and high in number when he was our strength and conditioning coach...

FWIW, I read somewhere that John Allaire is a Rusty Jones disciple as they are friends and graduated from the same college.

Rusty jones best in the league

Why the Bills didn't pay him to stay is costing us now.

It had nothing to do with cost. He was pushed out as part of a regime change at One Bills Drive.

There is a guy in Buffalo named Bob Bateson runs a gym downtown called Body Blocks. He should be the strength and conditioning coach. He was briefly signed as a linebacker to the bills out of cortland state (??) and several of the Bills workout with him now.

He has an amazing understanding of strength and conditioning.