Billy Mays' Death Attributed In Part To Use Of Cocaine.

Steely Dan

So, if I have this right:

The medical examiner found no coke in the tox-screen of his blood, and was not under the influence when he died.

"...nothing in the toxicology report indicated the frequency of Mays' cocaine use."

So, with nothing other than the knowledge he did cocaine once (as far as they know), they conclude it contributed to his death.

Really? Seems pretty irresponsible, to make that kind of declaration with such minimal evidence.

Please, this is all just a set up by the "Slap Chop/shamwow" Guy trying to throw people off the fact that he really killed Billy! Did anyone see if the Coroner/medical examiner who did the autopsy was wearing a headset?????

You know, Vince could have cleaned up all the blood, and fingerprints with a ShamWow. Genius!

So, if I have this right:

The medical examiner found no coke in the tox-screen of his blood, and was not under the influence when he died.

"...nothing in the toxicology report indicated the frequency of Mays' cocaine use."

So, with nothing other than the knowledge he did cocaine once (as far as they know), they conclude it contributed to his death.

Really? Seems pretty irresponsible, to make that kind of declaration with such minimal evidence.

Link

UPDATE: Official documents show the following drugs were in Mays' system -- hydrocodone (Vicodin), oxycodone (painkiller), alprazolam (Xanax), nordiazepam (Valium), benzoylecgonine (byproduct of cocaine) and temazepam (anti-anxiety). Ethanol -- alcohol -- was also in Mays' system.

Link

Depending on the period of use of cocaine- either acute or chronic, the detection period in the urine is from 2/4 days to 3 weeks.

I'm thinking that that's how they determined the drug use.

From the thread starting article;

The medical examiner "concluded that cocaine use caused or contributed to the development of his heart disease, and thereby contributed to his death," the office said in a press release.

The office said Mays last used cocaine in the few days before his death but was not under the influence of the drug when he died. Hillsborough County spokeswoman Lori Hudson said nothing in the toxicology report indicated the frequency of Mays' cocaine use.

Link

UPDATE: Official documents show the following drugs were in Mays' system -- hydrocodone (Vicodin), oxycodone (painkiller), alprazolam (Xanax), nordiazepam (Valium), benzoylecgonine (byproduct of cocaine) and temazepam (anti-anxiety). Ethanol -- alcohol -- was also in Mays' system.

Link

Depending on the period of use of cocaine- either acute or chronic, the detection period in the urine is from 2/4 days to 3 weeks.

I'm thinking that that's how they determined the drug use.

Again, sounds very speculative. They don't know how much he used, when or how often. But they've decided (despite the presence of all the other meds) that cocaine was a contributing factor. Outrageous, IMO.

You know, Vince could have cleaned up all the blood, and fingerprints with a ShamWow. Genius!

My problem with the Vince theory is the fact that there was a body

If Vince Offer killed Billy Mayes, he could have disposed of the body with a Slap Chop