Bills practice 8/6/09

Interesting point about Trent. Seems to still wait for the perfect opening, when a little more courage can result in a game changing play. I agree with the assessment that he 'just needs to play more'.

If Hangartner pulls a lot, that leaves the 3-4 NT's to the rookies.. no?

Interesting point about Trent. Seems to still wait for the perfect opening, when a little more courage can result in a game changing play. I agree with the assessment that he 'just needs to play more'.

If Hangartner pulls a lot, that leaves the 3-4 NT's to the rookies.. no?

Yeah but that's also one way to neutralize a big guy in the middle. Pull and trap and make him move laterally rather than try to move him out of the way. If Hangartner's pulling you'll see Levitre or especially Wood blocking down on the NT and getting some nice shots in. I'd guess we'll also see quite a bit of cutting from our guards, again to get at the big players legs and slow them down, they hate that.

It doesn't always have to be a pissing contest, my guy move your guy one on one. Sometimes, it's how can my guy outflank your guy and put some smack down in the process and our tubby interior line hasn't been able to move well enough recently to take advantage of these things. They've also done a terrible job of blocking at the second level. I'm hoping we see some improvement there with the improved mobility. That will help spring some longer runs and bring some pain to the LBs and DBs.

I'm still worried about tackle, but inside is encouraging.

Yeah but that's also one way to neutralize a big guy in the middle. Pull and trap and make him move laterally rather than try to move him out of the way. If Hangartner's pulling you'll see Levitre or especially Wood blocking down on the NT and getting some nice shots in. I'd guess we'll also see quite a bit of cutting from our guards, again to get at the big players legs and slow them down, they hate that.

It doesn't always have to be a pissing contest, my guy move your guy one on one. Sometimes, it's how can my guy outflank your guy and put some smack down in the process and our tubby interior line hasn't been able to move well enough recently to take advantage of these things. They've also done a terrible job of blocking at the second level. I'm hoping we see some improvement there with the improved mobility. That will help spring some longer runs and bring some pain to the LBs and DBs.

I'm still worried about tackle, but inside is encouraging.

It sounds like Walker is doing better compared to when camp started, so that's encouraging. I know it was only 1 game, but he did a good job at LT vs the Seahawks last year. Glad to hear all the good stuff about Wood.

It sounds like Walker is doing better compared to when camp started, so that's encouraging. I know it was only 1 game, but he did a good job at LT vs the Seahawks last year. Glad to hear all the good stuff about Wood.

Didn't he start at LT for the first 2 last year?