Well were going to see this weekend

K-Gun10

Vince Young: I will be in Hall of FameViews 21298 Comments 2394 06:38 AM ET 08.06 Share Print It My T&R Vince Young has had a lot of ups and downs in his football career (mostly ups at Texas, mostly downs in Tennessee) but he's always remained one thing: a very talented athlete. So it's no surprise that when he sat down with Esquire: "I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame."

Fanhouse

Vince Young: I will be in Hall of FameViews 21298 Comments 2394 06:38 AM ET 08.06 Share Print It My T&R Vince Young has had a lot of ups and downs in his football career (mostly ups at Texas, mostly downs in Tennessee) but he's always remained one thing: a very talented athlete. So it's no surprise that when he sat down with Esquire: "I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame."

Fanhouse

Young needs to shut up and just play. I think the guy still has a future but comments liek this aren't helping. If he was smart (and that's questionable), he would just shut his mouth and destroyed second and third strings in the preseason, which he probably will. He would earn a lot more sympathy and respect from fans and future employers.

Don't know how many of you remember it, especially since the game was blacked out in Buffalo, but Young did a credible job of ripping up the Bills' starters a few years back ...

Don't know how many of you remember it, especially since the game was blacked out in Buffalo, but Young did a credible job of ripping up the Bills' starters a few years back ...

Odds are he'll do the same this weekend, our backups aren't very...competent? I suppose that's the nice way of putting it.

That being said, when the real bullets start flying during the regular season at poor Vince Young (if he ever manages to start) he will fold like an umbrella.

That being said, when the real bullets start flying during the regular season at poor Vince Young (if he ever manages to start) he will fold like an umbrella.

I don't know. I'm not writing this kid off yet. I wish he was our second string. Hell, I wish he was our first string.

I still think he'll be a decent player in this league. He could even be the winning SB QB this year. Collins take 'em all the way to the AFC Championship and go out with some injury and he comes in and they win the SB. Could happen. Tennessee's gonna have a good team this year. If that RB hadn't gotten hurt against SD I think it was they would have clobbered 'em and maybe gone to the SB themselves.

Fanhouse

He'll be in the Burger King Hall of Fame if he doesn't get his head together and stop dreaming he's still at the University of Texas and a BFD. He seems to be his own worst enemy.

I have always like Vince Young. I was STOKED about the fantasy of him falling to the Bills in that draft. I will NEVER forget watching him tear apart Matt Leinart's pu$$y @$$ and the Trojans in the Rose Bowl.

I still like Vince Young and I can't wait for him to get a chance to succeed again. Because he has the will to do so.

My question is...what the hell is wrong with people, frowning upon a guy who has confidence in himself? What do you want the kid to say..."I think I might be a decent NFL Quarterback, maybe win a playoff game in my career."

I am sure if Trent Edwards said he was going to be the next QB to win a Super Bowl and make it to the Hall of Fame...we would all cream in our panties.

Why not root for Vince Young? He is such a likeable figure and amazing athlete. He is the anti-Vick. He had 1 bad moment and people think he is a bad person and they want to tear him down. Put yourself in his shoes, in the moment, with that incident. You would be pretty damn depressed too!

My question is...what the hell is wrong with people, frowning upon a guy who has confidence in himself? What do you want the kid to say..."I think I might be a decent NFL Quarterback, maybe win a playoff game in my career."

I think people would prefer that he keep his mouth shut, until he can at least beat out Kerry Collins for the starting job. At least I would prefer that.

I remember it all too well. I think that is the best game I saw Vince play in the NFL.

Fanhouse

are back-ups will do a stand up job on Sunday.

I remember it all too well. I think that is the best game I saw Vince play in the NFL.

I was there. I think our defensive backfield was out of position 100% of the time for that game.

I was there. I think our defensive backfield was out of position 100% of the time for that game.

VY played well down the stretch that season and made several defenses (not just ours) look foolish. At the conclusion of the season he was named a Pro Bowl alternate ahead of JP Losman who also played well down the stretch, and who many here were touting for Pro Bowl alternate.

I have always like Vince Young. I was STOKED about the fantasy of him falling to the Bills in that draft. I will NEVER forget watching him tear apart Matt Leinart's pu$$y @$$ and the Trojans in the Rose Bowl.

I still like Vince Young and I can't wait for him to get a chance to succeed again. Because he has the will to do so.

I am sure if Trent Edwards said he was going to be the next QB to win a Super Bowl and make it to the Hall of Fame...we would all cream in our panties.

Why not root for Vince Young? He is such a likeable figure and amazing athlete. He is the anti-Vick. He had 1 bad moment and people think he is a bad person and they want to tear him down. Put yourself in his shoes, in the moment, with that incident. You would be pretty damn depressed too!

Vince Young was an all pro his rookie year IMO. Some mental issues screwed up the next couple years, but the talent is there and it sounds like, he is trying to tell the league that he is back, his confidence is back, and he wants to play. Now he has told everyone, lets see if he can show everyone too.

I like Vince Young he is entertaining to watch, he killed Leinarts Trojans, and he does not kill dogs as far as I know.

By the way, if you want to see what a reall sh**ty NFL qb looks like, you need look no further than the Cardinals 2nd (or 3rd by now) string guy. Vince Young eclipsed Leinarts entire NFL career in his 3rd game as a starter.

One of the best things that could happen, for the Bills, is for VY to be really motivated and rip the 2nd stringers apart, IMO.

That would be far better for them then them having few problems against an unmotivated bunch of guys.

The score is meaningless. The lessons are important.

Vince Young was an all pro his rookie year IMO. Some mental issues screwed up the next couple years, but the talent is there and it sounds like, he is trying to tell the league that he is back, his confidence is back, and he wants to play. Now he has told everyone, lets see if he can show everyone too.

I like Vince Young he is entertaining to watch, he killed Leinarts Trojans, and he does not kill dogs as far as I know.

By the way, if you want to see what a reall sh**ty NFL qb looks like, you need look no further than the Cardinals 2nd (or 3rd by now) string guy. Vince Young eclipsed Leinarts entire NFL career in his 3rd game as a starter.

i am happy to see that SOMEBODY else knows what they are talking about and can see reality.

thank you.

One of the best things that could happen, for the Bills, is for VY to be really motivated and rip the 2nd stringers apart, IMO.

That would be far better for them then them having few problems against an unmotivated bunch of guys.

The score is meaningless. The lessons are important.

fully agreed! it would also be imparitive to helping vince young maintain that motivation and confidence.

which i would not mind seeing...against our backups.

i would really like to see our starters in for a quarter jumping up 17-0, and then vince coming in against our backups to put 'em to work by racking up a few yards for himself.

i want to see him succeed. he might be my favorite non-buffalo bill football player in the nfl. (maybe aside from mcnabb. syracuse factor).