Retired Players and the Uncapped Year

KRC

Looks to me likes it a done deal, regardless of PU words or actions.

It raises in interesting question of how the owners could cut benefits (only a rumor, no facts) during the uncapped year, if the league is saying they will remain constant. It also sets up a pretty interesting battle between the players union and the retirees. So far, the PU is all talk and little action.

Not reduced, HELL! They need a major increase!!

No argument from me.

B'gals kicker Shayne Graham, along with former players Anthony Munoz and Jim Breech, are trying to do something to help out:

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...SPT02/307140077

IIRC, Mike Ditka got some ink a year or so ago, with what turned out to be nothing. Dunno...

Good for Graham and Munoz.

Gridiron Greats (Ditka) seems to be favoring the NFLPA. Fourth and Goal is going with the NFL Alumni Association. The league favors Fourth and Goal, so it will be interesting to see how much of a rift will arise between the various retiree groups.

Good for Graham and Munoz.

Gridiron Greats (Ditka) seems to be favoring the NFLPA. Fourth and Goal is going with the NFL Alumni Association. The league favors Fourth and Goal, so it will be interesting to see how much of a rift will arise between the various retiree groups.

I noted that the first quote in your link mentioned a Bruce Laird. Might that person be the long-time Colt DB?