DNC now calling angry average Americans a mob

Aw...look at the liberals...all upset because their own tactics are being used against them.

Their own tactics? Liberals couldn't even make it through the door at any of Bush's events.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,153720,00.html

“There is an active campaign underway to try and disrupt and disturb his events in hopes of undermining his objective of fixing Social Security,” White House spokesman Trent Duffy told FOXNews.com. “If there is evidence there are people planning to disrupt the president at an event, then they have the right to exclude those people from those events

The three, who are members of the Denver Progressives (search) political activist group, did have T-shirts tucked under their business attire calling for Bush to “stop the lies,” but a plan to brandish them during the program had been abandoned earlier and the shirts never saw the light of day, Recht said.

Secret Service (search) in Denver told the three the next day that the bumper sticker on their car, which read “No More Blood for Oil,” a common anti-Iraq war slogan, triggered the ejection.

“They were kicked out of this venue and not allowed to hear what the president had to say based solely on this political bumper sticker,” Recht told AP.

Complaints about audience choreography were also prevalent during the presidential campaign. Numerous reports described how attendees to Bush rallies were turned away for wearing pro-John Kerry T-shirts and stickers. The New York Times reported in September that in order to ensure tickets for the event, people were encouraged to do volunteering for the local Bush campaign.

A week before a Bangor, Maine, event in which first lady Laura Bush was scheduled to campaign for her husband, the paper reported that ticket seekers were asked to fill out questionnaires, stating home and e-mail addresses, Social Security numbers and pledges of support for the president.

More recently, The Albuquerque Journal reported that people seeking tickets through New Mexico Republican Sen. Pete Domenici's office for a March 22 Social Security event were quizzed about their support of the president ahead of time.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are talking about campaigns. This was supposed to be about the health control plan.

Explain why Acorn and union goons were let in while keeping out the average person? It is on tape. How about the middle aged guy that got scratched up and his shirt torn?

The Messiah is organizing his Gestapo and Hopestazi. Dissent will not be allowed!

You liberals have lost all credibility...

You were wrong when you referred to these crowds as fake or "astroturf".

You were wrong when you said that these people were being bused in.

You were wrong when you said they were being organized by the insurance companies.

A couple of years ago Obama said, as President he wanted to eventually have a governmental take over healthcare. Now he says something completely different. Which is it?

Last week, Barney Frank said that the healthcare bill now being debated is the first step in the government taking over everyone's healthcare.

You guys can no longer be trusted. These people are angry because they've heard and have had enough of the lies and double talk. This just in, we don't believe you. Americans have had enough of this bu__sh_t.

Actually Frank as talking about a Single Payer system....which when you get the 4th bill for something that's already been payed for - or you have to spend 2 days sorting it out as a patient to the detriment of your working life, it makes a certain amount of sense.

Anyway, why are you against that and what "lie"?....Frank has pretty much said they don't have the votes but would be in favor.

Probably there are as many people working for hospitals trying to figure out how they are going to get money from every patient's 3-5 providers as there are floor nurses. But I guess those are good jobs for people.

Any way you look at this, the Adminstration and Congress messed up BIG TIME with this demonizing of these so called "dissenters."

What about the "We control the White House and Congress, so we have a mandate, and we'll have it for ever and ever, so !@#$ you" point of view? It's a pretty common one, as common as...either party controlling both the White House and Congress.

Any way you look at this, the Adminstration and Congress messe dup BIG TIME with this demonizing of these so called "dissenters." By doing so, they offended ANYBODY who even has as much as a concern about the bill(s). They are now lumped in with those who went to the town halls. They see those people on TV and see themselves...and know that the Administration doesnt exactly care for them.

When you put down "Joe Voter", left or right, its not going to work out in your favor come November.

Do you really think they can mess up with people that show up to chant?

Do you think there are people out there saying, I'm one of the shouters and I've been unfairly accused of shouting?

It could be, but I think that is an over-estimation.

In November 2010? We'll probably see the Dems will probably give back seats...but that is always the case. Anyway, that is a district by district ground game...

In most Districts during recess - Congressmen put their itinerary out for the papers so voters can see were they can meet them in 18 different places, and the same 10-15 people usually show up.

They actually do their best to answer questions and never satisfy everybody and say sorry wish I could talk and drive to the next town.

Wow, the DNC's' brilliant PR plan is to start marginalizing all of the angry people at the town hall meetings and paint them as part of an organized mob from the far right?

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2009/08...ial.php?ref=fpa

Here's a fun example of astroturfing in its purest form: A woman attending a town hall event for Rep. Steve Kagen (D-WI), and--while loudly raising objections to the Democrats' health care reform proposal--insisting she's just a regular concerned citizen. Except, she's actually a GOP official.

Heather Blish was vice-chairman of the Kewaunee County GOP until 2008. She actually worked for Kagen's opponent, and, according to her own resume, is affiliated with the Republican National Committee.

There's nothing wrong with people showing up to town hall meetings with their representatives to listen to their views, ask questions, and offer civil debate and alternatives. But to just show up and shout them down so there can't be a civil discourse is just an attempt to shut down debate and get some publicity. I don't like it when Code Pink does it on the left, and I don't like it when these Astroturfers (faux grassroots) do it, because it just turns the debate into a shouting match.

If you really have a different viewpoint, then show up and engage in some honest debate and offer alternatives. Just following the marching orders of Dick Army and other lobbyists, and shouting people down and saying "No" isn't going to solve any problems.

In an ideal world sure, but this is politics 101. It is very effective for the Republicans to organize opposition in this way and they are doing so quite effectively. It is also smart for the democrats to call expose these tactics as organized by the political opposition and call them whatever name they think is effective as a response. I expect both sides to charge and counter charge from this point further, but the now that the posturing is exposed for what it is on both sides, maybe then an honest debate can happen or at least a compromise. I doubt any major reform will happen, but incrementally the system might be made a little better.... There is an opportunity at least, how realistic... that depends on your level of cynicism. The corporations and the government have everyone by the Kahoonas and blame the other side for the problems. So it looks like the do nothings have won and still taxes will be raises somehow to pay for it all....

You lefties don't get it. These are average people who are fed up with the way things are going. Your side has bussed in goons and bodies for decades and you think that is what the right is doing. Wrong.

In February, I went to St. Mary's College in Moraga, CA to protest William Ayers speaking there. I heard that he was going to be there from the radio. At least 300-400 people showed up,without a professional sign in sight. No politician spoke out at the protest, just average people that wanted the students to know that a murderer who is a friend of the President was there .

The tea parties were grass root ones, not organized by politicians. In fact, several where politicians from the right tried to speak, they were shouted down, because they backed the tax and spending of the left.

In February, I went to St. Mary's College in Moraga, CA to protest William Ayers speaking there. I heard that he was going to be there from the radio. At least 300-400 people showed up,without a professional sign in sight. No politician spoke out at the protest, just average people that wanted the students to know that a murderer who is a friend of the President was there .

William Ayers never killed anyone and is not a murderer.

And whoever ripped the steering column out of my car isn't a car thief

Just because somebody isn't good enough at their crime to succeed doesn't make them any less of a douchebag

Ayers was known to be involved in 3-4 bombings and no one got hurt in any of them. They were done with the explicit purpose to cause property damage and not hurt anyone, and he's never been accused of hurting anyone, let alone killing someone.

I'm not condoning him or what he did, I think it's stupid and he should have gone to jail. But if you're going to slander someone and then say he is friends with the President of Kenya, get your slander right.

Ayers was known to be involved in 3-4 bombings and no one got hurt in any of them. They were done with the explicit purpose to cause property damage and not hurt anyone, and he's never been accused of hurting anyone, let alone killing someone.

I'm not condoning him or what he did, I think it's stupid and he should have gone to jail. But if you're going to slander someone and then say he is friends with the President of Kenya, get your slander right.

I never said he is friends with the President of Kenya

I just said he's a douchebag and not a very good terrorist

You were responding to my post to Wacka who accused him of being friends with the President of Kenya -- that is who was slandering, not you.

When you're just trying to blow up a small portion of a government building to make a statement, garner a lot of attention all the while intentionally not trying to hurt or kill anyone -- and then you blow up the small portion of the government building, make the statement, garner a lot of attention and not hurt or kill anyone, I'd say you were a rather exemplary terrorist. :lol:

As far as douchebaggery goes, yes, he's a douchebag.

bull sh--. A police station was bombed in SF and a cop was killed. He may not have built the bomb himself, but he was a conspirator in it. He's a murderer. His girlfriend at the time and another guy were killed when a nail bomb they were building blew up on them.

This is the first time I ever heard the "Don't slander Ayers" approach. "Okay, so they're just blowing things up over and over and over. No one got hurt. What's the big deal???"

Jesus. This is almost as far off the edge as your "blacks should be able to kill whites and get away with it so whitie can finally learn what it was like to be a slave" line of thinking.

Almost. But keep trying. You're bound to make that sound sane at some point.

Bad terrorist? Maybe. But he WAS a terrorist. And yes he helped bomb a police station. And yes, he is close friends with the current POTUS.

But hey, he never meant to hurt anyone. So don't slander him, mmmkay?

bull sh--. A police station was bombed in SF and a cop was killed. He may not have built the bomb himself, but he was a conspirator in it. He's a murderer. His girlfriend at the time and another guy were killed when a nail bomb they were building blew up on them.

He wasn't there, he didn't plan it, he wasn't involved, he wasn't officially accused. Other Weathermen were known to be responsible for it. He wasn't there and wasn't involved when his friends were killed either. That is the police and FBI's account, and they didn't file charges against him for it. It was only later that charges were filed against him and then they were dropped because of illegal wiretapping and such.

He wasn't there, he didn't plan it, he wasn't involved, he wasn't officially accused. Other Weathermen were known to be responsible for it. He wasn't there and wasn't involved when his friends were killed either. That is the police and FBI's account, and they didn't file charges against him for it. It was only later that charges were filed against him and then they were dropped because of illegal wiretapping and such.

Dog, you are sailing in a ship with a pretty big hole in it my man.

Sort of reminds me of the OJ case, found innocent, but we pretty much know that wasn't the case. No need to defend that douchebag, there is no positive outcome in doing so.