MattyT

ZOMMMMFFGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIQ48716awA...feature=related

Saw this preview over the weekend. :) at the aircraft carrier rolling over the top of the White House. Did I see Danny Glover as the US President? :devil::sick::lol:

When its from the director of Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow how can it possibly be bad? :huh:

When its from the director of Independence Day and The Day After Tomorrow how can it possibly be bad? :)

Roland Emmerich is the jackass who had enslaved wooly mammoths and Rastafarians building the Egyptian pyramids in "10,000 BC". His movies are so soulless and vapid, I'm convinced he's a clinical psychopath.

And the worst news: he's writing the screenplay for the Foundation Trilogy. :huh:

Just out of curiosity, I watched Trailer #2 and this one and they basically took all the same scenes and just shuffled the order in which they were shown. Another classic case of seeing all the best scenes of a movie in the 2 minute trailer?

More pablum for the mouth breathers who blindly buy into the conspiracy or mass-panic dujour.

Just out of curiosity, I watched Trailer #2 and this one and they basically took all the same scenes and just shuffled the order in which they were shown. Another classic case of seeing all the best scenes of a movie in the 2 minute trailer?

A/k/a: A Roland Emmerich movie.

The only scene missing from the trailers is the one that's ALWAYS missing from the trailers: the happy happy horseshit "God forgive us, we were all arrogant and wrong, and we've learned and grown" ending that Roland Emmerich puts in every one of his movies. E.g. the "Magic Mammoth" ending to 10000 BC.

Roland Emmerich is the jackass who had enslaved wooly mammoths and Rastafarians building the Egyptian pyramids in "10,000 BC". His movies are so soulless and vapid, I'm convinced he's a clinical psychopath.

And the worst news: he's writing the screenplay for the Foundation Trilogy. :huh:

That Foundation news is awful.

I just watched 10,000 B.C. It was the least stimulus my brain could absorb without being declared clinically brain dead.

Did the saber tooth tiger not eat him because he saved it? Really?

As someone who was offered a job on 2012, and as someone who turned it down, let me say this movie will be wretched. I'm shocked that Emmerich got JC to do it personally (let alone Oliver Platt and Chewetel) ... ugh.

I admit that I enjoyed Independence Day (I was young when it came out) and enjoyed laughing at the Patriot's hilarious rewriting and sanitizing of history. But 2012 was put together very fast and very crudely to make money. I doubt Emmerich was all that invested in it considering he was pulled onto the project about 5 weeks before they started production.

So ... yeah. Razzies here we come!

As someone who was offered a job on 2012, and as someone who turned it down, let me say this movie will be wretched. I'm shocked that Emmerich got JC to do it personally (let alone Oliver Platt and Chewetel) ... ugh.

I admit that I enjoyed Independence Day (I was young when it came out) and enjoyed laughing at the Patriot's hilarious rewriting and sanitizing of history. But 2012 was put together very fast and very crudely to make money. I doubt Emmerich was all that invested in it considering he was pulled onto the project about 5 weeks before they started production.

So ... yeah. Razzies here we come!

This looks horrible.

I actually like, and still like, Independence Day. It was meant to be a schmaltzy 1950's-60's style Sci Fi movie, but with a big budget. I think it is a lot of fun, with no substance, whatsoever. Typically, I hate that stuff when it tries to take itself seriously, but I felt that particular flick was very aware of what it was.