Interviewing Jim Leonhard tomorrow

One more thing...

I know I haven't been present for the entire training camp, but Mark Sanchez looked like an absolute wreck today. Might've just been a bad day, but he was panicking while he was trying to run through his reads and overthrowing guys by about 15 yards in some instances. My first impression is that he's at least a year away from being a competent starter.

Of course, I'm no scout but he looked bad.

There's actually no journalism major at Cornell, but I'm doubling in English and Communications which does the job pretty well. I'm hoping to go to the Newhouse School at Syracuse when I'm done with my undergraduate studies.

<_< I miss the Newhouse days.....NewChannels Cable. Sigh.

Honestly I'm not a fan of Leonhard the guy got lucky to ride the coattails of some of the best defensive players in the league. A luxury he does not have with the jets. If he proves me wrong I'll eat crow, but he'll go back to being the terribly exposed slow safety he was with the Bills or as Rich Gannon put it during a game against the jags 2 years ago

"I don't know what Jim Leonhard was doing out there, but he looks like he shouldn't even be on the field"

ask him why he saved all his good plays until after he left the Bills... <_<

I think Jim Leonhard (good little football player, great person) "suffers" from Mark Kelso syndrome...that is, like Kelso, he's a guy with a great work ethic and good instincts who benefited from being surrounded by great defensive football players.

Forgot to mention, I got to meet Rachel Nichols today at Jets camp. She's a very down to earth and classy lady. I wanted to ask her opinion on the Erin Andrews situation but I was a little nervous to broach the subject.

My jaw would drop around her too!

Objectively, Rachel Nichols is no beauty but there's something about her...I could watch her sign off with "Rachel Nichols, ESPN" for hours. No one does their call letters like her.