An Alien Prequel Is Being Made And Will Be Directed By Ridley Scott

Steely Dan

The original Alien is one of my favorite movies. Great suspense. Aliens may be one of the few sequels that's better than original. It's at least just as good.

There are very few moments in Alien that I wasn't feeling the suspense. ;)

Alien was maybe the best horror movie ever. Atmospheric. Well acted. Can't wait for this movie.

Alien was maybe the best horror movie ever. Atmospheric. Well acted. Can't wait for this movie.

The only part that bothered me is when she went back for the cat! Just get on the life craft and get the hell out of there! No cat is worth possibly dying for!!

Uh-oh shouldn't have said that! Sorry, sorry Gangsta Kitty here's a can of pounce!! No, no don't do that!!

Whew! just wanted to scare me. ;)

Alien is also one of my faves. I saw it when I was 9-1/2. Messed me up but good for years!

I would suspect the movie has to do with how that alien ship got on Acheron and what happened to the crew, and then the Company somehow finding out about it.

Edit: Just read your link SD, and I guess great minds think alike!

The original Alien is one of my favorite movies. Great suspense. Aliens may be one of the few sequels that's better than original. It's at least just as good.

There are very few moments in Alien that I wasn't feeling the suspense. ;)

Alien was intense. I saw it on tv, and remember getting up several times and walking around the room like the proverbial cat in a roomful of rocking chairs. Yiiiii !

It must have been really something in a darkened movie theater...

Alien is also one of my faves. I saw it when I was 9-1/2. Messed me up but good for years!

I would suspect the movie has to do with how that alien ship got on Acheron and what happened to the crew, and then the Company somehow finding out about it.

Are you suggesting that at some point you became un-messed up? ;)

Just sayin.

Anyhoo, I find that plot line to be very iffy. That would be too intensive on the Aliens and they would have to subtitle too much of the movie unless they're gonna have them speak English, which, IMO, is doubtful.

I think it will probably involve another company ship that lands in order to scout the terrain for possible mining. It then goes into their adventures and ends with them sending out a warning beacon.

IMO, one or two of the crew who were left behind to monitor the ship are the only people left who return to Earth with the ground crew transmissions and they give it to "The Company". After going over the transmissions and the debriefing of the survivors they decide this life form could be sold as an army of warriors and make the company a lot of money. So they kill the survivors and set the plans in motion for the movie Alien.

That's why they deliberately send the Nostromo out with Ash aboard to make sure they get an Alien and bring it back to Earth for study. That's why the Nostromo's computer has been rigged to read the warning as a help signal. JMO

Alien was intense. I saw it on tv, and remember getting up several times and walking around the room like the proverbial cat in a roomful of rocking chairs. Yiiiii !

It must have been really something in a darkened movie theater...

Yeah, it was. Also having some commercials to calm down a little probably helped a bit.

Only movie that was more suspenseful was Silence of the Lambs. That final scene in the basement STILL gives me goosebumps.

Psh, agreed. Stuck in a pitch black basement, while a psychopath is wandering around you with night vision goggles on. Intense scene.

I liked Aliens better than Alien. I think the Alien/Predator mix is pretty good too.

So did I, actually....probably one of the top ten most suspenseful films of all time for me. I still remember when I saw it....I was back home in Erie staying up late with my great Aunt. She was always a night owl like me, and I remember "daring her" to watch it with me. She said, "are you sure your parents won't get mad if I let you watch a rated R movie?" We ended up both shitting our pants at what was one helluva intense film. Good times!

That would be too intensive on the Aliens and they would have to subtitle too much of the movie unless they're gonna have them speak English, which, IMO, is doubtful.

That might be a good comedy, spoof type movie. ;)

Are you suggesting that at some point you became un-messed up? ;)

No, but at least I have an excuse. :thumbsup:

WRT the plot, they could go any number of directions. But the Company setting-up shop would be boring and was already done. I'd rather see how the Alien race started and got onto that ship.

No, but at least I have an excuse. :devil:

WRT the plot, they could go any number of directions. But the Company setting-up shop would be boring and was already done. I'd rather see how the Alien race started and got onto that ship.

:huh:

I'm picturing a snobby english accent.

:)