WooHoo! throw another 2 GB RAM and a 2nd drive on the fire!

SDS

I was just snooping around our hosting provider's page when I saw a pretty sweet special for a 2nd drive and double RAM. I called to see if current customers can receive the offer and we got a yes!

So, early this morning things will shut down and they will add a second hard drive (which I plan to run the databases from and and we'll get another 2 GB of RAM. :P

Christmas in August baby...

I was just snooping around our hosting provider's page when I saw a pretty sweet special for a 2nd drive and double RAM. I called to see if current customers can receive the offer and we got a yes!

So, early this morning things will shut down and they will add a second hard drive (which I plan to run the databases from and and we'll get another 2 GB of RAM. :P

And everyone remember - I didn't break it! :ph34r:

Things run so smoothly now, I can't believe there actually used to be some server performance issues. Hats off to you SDS.

Things run so smoothly now, I can't believe there actually used to be some server performance issues. Hats off to you SDS.

a kick in the ass does a body good...

Now, I just have to make sure I dump the databases off to the new disk properly and everything can find it. We should see reduced IO wait times when things get hot and heavy. someone correct me if I'm wrong. We aren't running a RAID, just adding another disk that can look for data while the other disk is doing it's thing.

I bet I could run the databases on a RAM disk and just rsync them (every 5 minutes ?) to the disk to really speed things up, but any emergency server restart would lose a little bit. That doesn't happen too often if ever.

That could be sig worthy.

we use to say that all the time in the office after reading about micro-robots being released into your bloodstream, and other sci-fi types of articles we read....

a kick in the ass does a body good...

Now, I just have to make sure I dump the databases off to the new disk properly and everything can find it. We should see reduced IO wait times when things get hot and heavy. someone correct me if I'm wrong. We aren't running a RAID, just adding another disk that can look for data while the other disk is doing it's thing.

I bet I could run the databases on a RAM disk and just rsync them (every 5 minutes ?) to the disk to really speed things up, but any emergency server restart would lose a little bit. That doesn't happen too often if ever.

If you say so. :P

Phew. When I read the title, I thought we'd fried something else. Glad to hear it's GOOD news.

But yeah, regarding the Rosening of the board, it's still early yet. :P

Now, I just have to make sure I dump the databases off to the new disk properly and everything can find it.

I'll give you a thousand dollars to !@#$ that process up and lose that godforsaken "Last post wins" thread for all eternity.

Ditto - thank you for doing a thankless job.

actually, I get a lot of thanks for things I don't really have to do anything for... like getting more ram and disks. I only had to call. Not much to it. :P

actually, I get a lot of thanks for things I don't really have to do anything for... like getting more ram and disks. I only had to call. Not much to it. :P

Yeah, maybe. But you made the call.

Thanks for all you do Scott.