Obama's lying when he says he doesn't want...

Why this is a political nightmare to pass is that nobody can tell you what the program will do, is for, or will cost in one sentence unless you are against it.

That is IT in a nutshell. As I've mentioned before, one group is creating one bill, another group is creating another bill, and the president is promising stuff that isn't clearly defined in either bill because no one really knows what is in the two bills. This lack of communication and leaderhip is what's killing this, and in the face of this core problem, the left is starting to walk around blaming the GOP for stalling this when they simply don't need the GOP do any of this. Consequently, the right is spending a crapload of time scaring the hell out of people, which brings large numbers to the town hall meetings, and this is made even WORSE when the official holding the town hall meeting can't explain what's going on because they haven't read any of the bills currently on the table.

The left has the perfect storm to do whatever they want, and they simply can not get out of each others' ways for reasons I've yet to understand. I thought there was some weight to the idea that Pelosi broke too many arms to get get Cap-n-trade through to the extent that there were no more arms to break for health care, but the Blue Dogs seem to be getting some demands met, which refutes that thinking. On the other hand, some concessions to the Blue Dogs are pissing off the liberals, and the circle goes round and round.

While it's no secret that I love to bust this administration's chops about stupid schitt, you don't need to be a hardcore conservative to see how badly it's bungling this opportunity. If the first few town hall meetings are any indication, it's going to be a brutally long August for the congresscritters.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In a catastrophic event I'm willing to work for OSI if they spare my life and rebuild me like Steve Majors.

Why this is a political nightmare to pass is that nobody can tell you what the program will do, is for, or will cost in one sentence unless you are against it.

Isn't this pretty much the same circus we saw with "HillaryCare" about 16 years ago?

Look, I didn't say any of that. I'm simply saying that all US citizens should have proper health care in 21st century America. Rhetoric aside, it's a real problem that needs to be solved.

I'll believe the average American "deserves" health care right about the time the average American starts taking even decent care of themselves. You know who "deserves" health care? Injured war veterans. Instead we give them the VA.