Obama's lying when he says he doesn't want...

The real problem right now in this country is that the "Fars" set the debate. It turns anything (health care, Iraq, civil rights, monetary policy) into an "either-or" discussion of extremes.

I wish both the far left and the far right would just shut the !@#$ up and stop pretending they know what's best for every other person on the planet.

Well there's that...then there's the fact that these gigantic transformational bills are over a thousand pages long and the majority of congress laughs at the notion of actually sitting down to read and/or take the time to understand them.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The real problem right now in this country is that the "Fars" set the debate. It turns anything (health care, Iraq, civil rights, monetary policy) into an "either-or" discussion of extremes.

I wish both the far left and the far right would just shut the !@#$ up and stop pretending they know what's best for every other person on the planet.

The shouldn't have to shut up any more than the moderates do- their votes count just as much, regardless of how annoying many of us find them to be.

I'll just say that people don't die from lack of auto insurance.

Where's the compassion?

When the health care issue becomes "look at all the people who are dying because they have no health care," then you make this trite argument.

The argument about health care is that it's...well...it's...wait a minute, it's right there. Let me check what the focus groups are saying. Okay, I've got it.

The argument is that it's single-handedly responsible for our deficit.

No, wait. That was last month. Oh, I've got it. The argument is that 47 million American's don't have insurance.

No, wait. That was last week. Oh, I've got it. The argument is that insurers are making more profit than should be allowed and we need to keep these villians from robbing the poor and letting them die.

No, wait. That was Friday. Oh, I've got it. The argument is that despite the fact that the Democrats have full control of the US government and can do whatever they please, the Republicans are somehow stopping their efforts to reform health care, which means the GOP is responsible for the record deficit, they're letting people without insurance die, they're keeping 47 million illegal Americans from being insured, and they're letting insurance companies make all the profit.

No, wait...we need a new focus group because none of this is working with the public.

When the health care issue becomes "look at all the people who are dying because they have no health care," then you make this trite argument.

The argument about health care is that it's...well...it's...wait a minute, it's right there. Let me check what the focus groups are saying. Okay, I've got it.

No, wait. That was last month. Oh, I've got it. The argument is that 47 million American's don't have insurance.

No, wait. That was last week. Oh, I've got it. The argument is that insurers are making more profit than should be allowed and we need to keep these villians from robbing the poor and letting them die.

No, wait. That was Friday. Oh, I've got it. The argument is that despite the fact that the Democrats have full control of the US government and can do whatever they please, the Republicans are somehow stopping their efforts to reform health care, which means the GOP is responsible for the record deficit, they're letting people without insurance die, they're keeping 47 million illegal Americans from being insured, and they're letting insurance companies make all the profit.

No, wait...we need a new focus group because none of this is working with the public.

Look, I didn't say any of that. I'm simply saying that all US citizens should have proper health care in 21st century America. Rhetoric aside, it's a real problem that needs to be solved.

Look, I didn't say any of that. I'm simply saying that all US citizens should have proper health care in 21st century America. Rhetoric aside, it's a real problem that needs to be solved.

Actually, all US citizens should take proper care of themselves first and foremost. That would solve a LOT more problems than 1,000 page health care overhauls.

Actually, all US citizens should take proper care of themselves first and foremost. That would solve a LOT more problems than 1,000 page health care overhauls.

The Limbaughs of the country can have health care too. Wouldn't want to infringe on anyone's right to be a fat tub of crap.

Because, as the only current super power left in the world (for now), we should aspire to higher goals. We do not live in a third world country. We should be able to take care of our own and then some.

Shouldn't we be feeding "our own" first, before we provide them health care? You intimated that you die without health insurance (versus auto insurance). Well, you really die without food. When's the free food coming? Or shelter? Shouldn't everyone have a place to live, because again, without shelter, you die. When's the free housing coming?

So the answer is to trust a government run healthcare system while tripling the national debt over the next ten years? Are you high? That's like using an AK47 to kill a chipmunk. There's a problem, but the far left solution is a laughably bad idea.

That extremist talking point that reform=gov't run is just a lie. There is no bill coming out of committees in Congress that calls for a takeover of private insurance. The public OPTION may or may not be in a final bill, but it is an OPTION.

Ask senior citizens if they think Medicare should be eliminated, because that is a public option.

Shouldn't we be feeding "our own" first, before we provide them health care? You intimated that you die without health insurance (versus auto insurance). Well, you really die without food. When's the free food coming? Or shelter? Shouldn't everyone have a place to live, because again, without shelter, you die. When's the free housing coming?

Yes, we should be taking care of our own. Love the screen name!

He isn't fat. What, are you a hater? He recently lost a bunch of weight.

Sorry, did I step on Rush's feelings? That's just going to send him into a shame spiral of Big Macs and Hillbilly Heroin and I'm to blame. My bad.

But he's still fat. ;)

In a catastrophic event I'm willing to work for OSI if they spare my life and rebuild me like Steve Majors.

Why this is a political nightmare to pass is that nobody can tell you what the program will do, is for, or will cost in one sentence unless you are against it.