63 members have voted

1. 1. How do you eat Cor on the cob?

• end-to-end
    • around-and-around
    • cut it off
    • random
    • I don't
    • other

I don't put anything on the corn -- if it's good corn, it doesn't need salt or butter.

I use butter, but no salt.

I have been told that corn loses a good bit of its flavor VERY soon after picking. Farmers have told me they put the water on to boil, then go pick the corn (for their dinners). They say if you've had corn immediately after it has been picked, you won't want to have it any other way. Maybe one can forgo the butter, if the corn was picked 10-minutes ago.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't put anything on the corn -- if it's good corn, it doesn't need salt or butter.

Ever notice that there's always some high-and-mighty a-hole at the table that's got to say this sh--?

FU..I'll eat it the way I want to. :blink:

Ever notice that there's always some high-and-mighty a-hole at the table that's got to say this sh--?

FU..I'll eat it the way I want to. <_<

I wasn't telling YOU how to eat the corn. Just saying how *I* like to eat the corn.

Turns out we're having corn on the cob tonight, so I'm going to try that lemon and chilli powder thing though! :blink:

You realize that you are compensating for feelings of inadequacy don't you?

Hell...don't even boil it. Just shuck it and shove it right down your piehole. If it's good corn then it doesn't need cooking!

I'm with you Fez. I soak the corn in water for about an hour, then cook it on the grill still in it's husk. Cut all the corn off the cob with a knife and sprinkle a little lemon juice on it.

Flame away.

Hell...don't even boil it. Just shuck it and shove it right down your piehole. If it's good corn then it doesn't need cooking!

When I was young, we did that. Go out in the garden and grab an ear right off the stalk and eat it.

I'm with you Fez. I soak the corn in water for about an hour, then cook it on the grill still in it's husk. Cut all the corn off the cob with a knife and sprinkle a little lemon juice on it.

Flame away.

sounds like something a women would do. are you a woman?

Flame away.

Why the water??? And I am not being sarcastic..is it to get it to steam?? I have never done that

I grill the corn if i am grilling..but also put it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, still in husk, if I do not have the grill going. Way better than boiling in my opinion..to much of the flavor goes out in the water i think.

BTW, i am salt and pepper and butter most days, but will also throw on some Old Bay(well Wye River actually, http://www.wyeriverseasonings.com/index.ph...is8bl2mqr8p3ep0 ,bettern Old Bay) and butter about 30% of the time.

Why the water??? And I am not being sarcastic..is it to get it to steam?? I have never done that

I grill the corn if i am grilling..but also put it in the oven at 350 for 30 minutes, still in husk, if I do not have the grill going. Way better than boiling in my opinion..to much of the flavor goes out in the water i think.

BTW, i am salt and pepper and butter most days, but will also throw on some Old Bay(well Wye River actually, http://www.wyeriverseasonings.com/index.ph...is8bl2mqr8p3ep0 ,bettern Old Bay) and butter about 30% of the time.

When grilling corn in the husk, I usually soak it in water, too. I think it helps keep the husks from starting on fire, but the main benefit is the moisture and steam it creates.

Thats the Eden corn festival. BOWLS of melted butter at every corn stand. But of course I'm not cleaning up.

My cousins lived in Eden growing up and we used to go to the festival every summer. Man, those were good times. I'm a typewriter style corn eater FWIW.

Flame away.

I use the same technique with soaking it for an hour in water. Seems to come out better than any other way I've tried it.

My dad has a friend that has some not-so-straight teeth (think of Marion Jones bicuspid that sticks out too far) and he was widely reputed to "hook" a row of corn in that tooth and drag the row across and pull all the kernels off that way. I didn't believe it until I played in the member-guest tournament with my dad one year and watched that guy eat corn.. sure enough he uses that technique and never misses a kernel.

sounds like something a women would do. are you a woman?

People trying to turn corn on the cob into an eclectic gourmet experience with special ingredients, procedures and biting methodology.

It's corn.

The end is near, Beerball... <_<

But before it happens, I shall ask folks about how they prepare and consume rutmus. :blink:

I wonder how long Deerball has to soak his head? :blink:

People trying to turn corn on the cob into an eclectic gourmet experience with special ingredients, procedures and biting methodology.

It's corn.

The end is near, Beerball... :)

But before it happens, I shall ask folks about how they prepare and consume rutmus. <_<

Old family recipe; :D

Ingredients

* 1 lb firm potato

* 1/2 lb turnip or rutabaga

* 1/4 cup butter

* 1/3 cup cream or milk

* salt and pepper

Directions

1. Boil potatoes until tender.

2. In second pot Boil turnips (rutabagas) until fork tender.

3. Drain well.

4. Combine all ingredients in mixer.

5. Blend until smooth.

6. Serve hot.

I wonder how long Deerball has to soak his head? :blink:

Old family recipe; <_<

Ingredients

* 1 lb firm potato

* 1/2 lb turnip or rutabaga

* 1/4 cup butter

* 1/3 cup cream or milk

* salt and pepper

Directions

1. Boil potatoes until tender.

2. In second pot Boil turnips (rutabagas) until fork tender.

3. Drain well.

4. Combine all ingredients in mixer.

5. Blend until smooth.

6. Serve hot.

Your recipe forgot to cut in the potatoes and paste in the butter.