Big 30 Game: Pennsylvania 13, New York 6

Lori

For those of you from the Olean/Bradford area ...

The recent domination by the Keystone State continues. I haven't compiled my stats yet, but I believe I heard Chuck Pollock tell Pennsy coach Mark Morelli that his D had held New York to 60 yards of total offense. Sounds about right, since their first five possessions were four three-and-outs and an INT, and they never crossed midfield until a kickoff return with fewer than 30 second remaining in the first half.

Indeed, if Pennsy hadn't shot itself in the foot early and often (fumbling on the NY 5, coming up inches short of a first down on a fake FG, and getting another FG attempt blocked), the score may have been very different. Then again, if Cameron County RB Andrew Kesterholt doesn't make the play of the night early in the second quarter, tipping a pass away from a NY defender and hauling it in for a 61-yard touchdown, it's hard telling how the game would have played out.

That makes five out of the last six for the Pennsylvanians, and New York's lead in the series is now down to 18-16-2.