LAMP Billy Joel/Elton John setlist from 7/30

John Adams

With 6 volumes of greatest hits between them, it was a 3 hour singalong. Here's what they played (Billy had just missed 2 shows with the flu--thankfully made it back).

Elton John/Billy Joel (solo)

Your Song

Just The Way You Are

Elton John/Billy Joel (duets with bands)

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

My Life

Elton John set

Funeral For A Friend (***I love this song--my favorite band, who were in Philly on the 29th, does a killer cover of this)

Love Lies Bleeding

Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)

Levon (

Madman Across The Water

Tiny Dancer (***Always makes me think of the bus scene in Almost Famous, and that's a good thing)

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Daniel

Rocket Man (***Another candidate for fav Elton song)

Philadelphia Freedom (***Big crowd fav in Philly)

I'm Still Standing

Crocodile Rock

Billy Joel set

Prelude

Angry Young Man

Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)

Allentown

Zanzibar(***he said he knew this would send people to the bathroom but asked us to stay)

She's Always A Woman

Scenes From An Italian Restaurant (***Probably the song of the night--brought the house down)

River Of Dreams

(here he transitioned off the piano to rhythm guitar)

Highway to Hell (*** sung by a 30 year roadie who looked to be from roadie central casting. Billy bestowed the honor on the roadie because "He's from Chester, whereever the !@#$ that is." Also said that if he sucked "Boo his ass of stage." Of course, inhuman to boo AC/DC--crowd loved it.)

We Didn't Start The Fire

It's Still Rock'n'Roll To Me

Only The Good Die Young

Elton John/Billy Joel (duets with Bands)

I Guess That's Why The Call It The Blues

Uptown Girl

The B word Is Back

You May Be Right

Bennie And The Jets

Candle In The Wind

Piano Man

Elton was understated singing his beautiful songs. Understated in that Elton way with sunglasses that had his name spelled into the sides and a leather trenchcoat with Ariel the Little Mermaid on the back. Billy was 60 year old Italian machismo and had the crowd singing along with more vigor--also spent a lot of time chatting it up with the audience.

Next up, Bruce on 10/20 closing the Spectrum before they blow it up (maybe for real this time--he supposedly played his last gig there in April but added more dates.)

With 6 volumes of greatest hits between them, it was a 3 hour singalong. Here's what they played (Billy had just missed 2 shows with the flu--thankfully made it back).

Your Song

Just The Way You Are

Elton John/Billy Joel (duets with bands)

Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

My Life

Elton John set

Funeral For A Friend (***I love this song--my favorite band, who were in Philly on the 29th, does a killer cover of this)

Love Lies Bleeding

Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)

Levon (

Madman Across The Water

Tiny Dancer (***Always makes me think of the bus scene in Almost Famous, and that's a good thing)

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Daniel

Rocket Man (***Another candidate for fav Elton song)

Philadelphia Freedom (***Big crowd fav in Philly)

I'm Still Standing

Crocodile Rock

Billy Joel set

Prelude

Angry Young Man

Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)

Allentown

Zanzibar(***he said he knew this would send people to the bathroom but asked us to stay)

She's Always A Woman

Scenes From An Italian Restaurant (***Probably the song of the night--brought the house down)

River Of Dreams

(here he transitioned off the piano to rhythm guitar)

Highway to Hell (*** sung by a 30 year roadie who looked to be from roadie central casting. Billy bestowed the honor on the roadie because "He's from Chester, whereever the !@#$ that is." Also said that if he sucked "Boo his ass of stage." Of course, inhuman to boo AC/DC--crowd loved it.)

We Didn't Start The Fire

It's Still Rock'n'Roll To Me

Only The Good Die Young

Elton John/Billy Joel (duets with Bands)

I Guess That's Why The Call It The Blues

Uptown Girl

The B word Is Back

You May Be Right

Bennie And The Jets

Candle In The Wind

Piano Man

Elton was understated singing his beautiful songs. Understated in that Elton way with sunglasses that had his name spelled into the sides and a leather trenchcoat with Ariel the Little Mermaid on the back. Billy was 60 year old Italian machismo and had the crowd singing along with more vigor--also spent a lot of time chatting it up with the audience.

Did they pass out free Geritol at the door? :flirt:

I was there too....GREAT show. Honestly though, I thought the crowd was younger than I expected. Tons of people between early 20s-early 30s.

One weird thing was how they didn't utilize the jumbotron. I mean, I thought the screens they had were adequate, but we picked our seats partially with the idea that we would be directly facing the monster jumbotron. Seems stupid to keep it blank. But again, GREAT show. Concerts seems so expensive, but you really get a 2-for-1 situation here with 3.5 hours of music.

Funny moment...this older guy two rows in front of us TWICE asked the people directly in front of us to "keep it down" because he was trying to enough the show. He directly told them that their "cheering was too loud." :doh: I've never been so confused.

But then later on, his wife flagged down the frozen ice seller and RETURNED her half-eaten lemon ice because it didn't meet her standards.

After that, the picture was clearer... :lol: :lol:

I was there too....GREAT show. Honestly though, I thought the crowd was younger that I expected. Tons of people between early 20s-early 30s.

One weird thing was how they didn't utilize the jumbotron. I mean, I thought the screens they had were adequate, but we picked our seats partially with the idea that we would be directly facing the monster jumbotron. Seems stupid to keep it blank. But again, GREAT show. Concerts seems so expensive, but you really get a 2-for-1 situation here with 3.5 hours of music.

Funny moment...this older guy two rows in front of us TWICE asked the people directly in front of us to "keep it down" because he was trying to enough the show. He directly told them that their "cheering was too loud." :doh: I've never been so confused.

But then later on, his wife flagged down the frozen ice seller and RETURNED her half-eaten lemon ice because it didn't meet her standards.

After that, the picture was clearer... :lol::lol:

:lol:

Rock 'n' Roll, baby.

Sounds like a great show. Saw them together at the Bank Atlantic Center (where the FL Panthers play) in 2003. Great show and your description matches what I saw then, except instead of a roadie doing AC/DC, we got Rickey Martin singing "Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On". Edge: you.

I saw Springsteen at the Spectrum in '92, but since it was the Human Touch deal without the E Street band, does it really count? Others I saw there: REM '89, Clapton '92, Peter Gabriel '93, Jordan in the playoffs going for 44 vs. the Sixers (Barkley had 34), Andrew Dice Clay '90(?), & the Buffalo Bandits winning the title in '92. Great house for a lot of years.