Well OK then. TSA confiscates Disney toys

Beerball

The Chaos added that the agents then began playing with the toys in front of the boy and other passengers.

Quite the chaos!

:flirt:

That was the part that got me. The TSA agents are making pow noises, swinging a plastic sword, and meanwhile a horde of armed terrorists slips through (think Airplane).

That happened to us in the early 90s in the Seattle airport. Made a big scene about confiscating a rubber pirate knife from my (at the time) 5 year old's carry on. I let them know how proud I was of their diligence to make sure the skies were safe from evil children's toys.

Morons.

That happened to us in the early 90s in the Seattle airport. Made a big scene about confiscating a rubber pirate knife from my (at the time) 5 year old's carry on. I let them know how proud I was of their diligence to make sure the skies were safe from evil children's toys.

Morons.

Interesting that merely locking the doors to the cockpit never occurred to anyone prior to 9/11.

FAA always sharp after the fact.

Nevermind any fun that might have happened during the trip, I love how this somehow ruined the entire vacation.

One thing I have learned is that people love to cry poor mouth. The TSA was stupid (couldn't they have checked it). Isn't there like a bin or something that they can collect all the flights "illegal" stuff and then throw it on the plane last? When the passengers get off the flight, they can then pick through all their crap/sh*t (which is exactly what I would have called that kind of toy if my children were throwing a hissy fit for it at the gift shop). To easy aye? We have a place in my house that we affectionately call: "The toys that annoy"... On top of the fridge... :devil:

Isn't there like a bin or something that they can collect all the flights "illegal" stuff and then throw it on the plane last? When the passengers get off the flight, they can then pick through all their crap/sh*t (which is exactly what I would have called that kind of toy if my children were throwing a hissy fit for it at the gift shop). To easy aye?

Not easy. You would need a bin for every flight leaving.

One thing I have learned is that people love to cry poor mouth. The TSA was stupid (couldn't they have checked it). Isn't there like a bin or something that they can collect all the flights "illegal" stuff and then throw it on the plane last? When the passengers get off the flight, they can then pick through all their crap/sh*t (which is exactly what I would have called that kind of toy if my children were throwing a hissy fit for it at the gift shop). To easy aye? We have a place in my house that we affectionately call: "The toys that annoy"... On top of the fridge... :devil:

They take this stuff away at the security check long before the people get on the flights. It's only going to serve as a distraction if they have to call someone in to take the item over to some special area.

Morons.

Unfortunately for the rest of us they didn't haul you in for disorderly conduct.

Nevermind any fun that might have happened during the trip, I love how this somehow ruined the entire vacation.

It's their last memory of the vacation, and the human brain remembers/emphasized the most recent stuff first. So yeah, some moron at TSA stealing your kids' stuff could ruin the overall opinion of the vacation.

The people who aren't outraged at this are the ones who are empowering TSA to continue overstepping their bounds.

TSA is too inconsistent with their rules. In DCA I put my shoes into the bin which had an advertising regarding the antiseptic coating on bin which killed the germs. It specifically was targeting shoes being put into it which made sense. In LAX when I was returning I was told specifically to take them out of the bin. It was not a date change thing but an individual TSA office thing for when I returned from DCA 5 days later again it was no issue in DCA but it was in LAX.

The people who aren't outraged at this are the ones who are empowering TSA to continue overstepping their bounds.

Thank god for the TSA in this situation. When I'm on a flight the last thing I want is to be stuck ahead of or behind a couple of snot-nosed brats climbing all over their seats and running up and down the aisles acting out The Pirates of the Carribean with their crappy replica swords.

TSA is too inconsistent with their rules. In DCA I put my shoes into the bin which had an advertising regarding the antiseptic coating on bin which killed the germs. It specifically was targeting shoes being put into it which made sense. In LAX when I was returning I was told specifically to take them out of the bin. It was not a date change thing but an individual TSA office thing for when I returned from DCA 5 days later again it was no issue in DCA but it was in LAX.

Is anybody ever TRULY consistent? Some are totaly by the book, some bend the book a little. There are no re-runs in most people's life, let alone a gov't agency. Same thing you complain about I hear at my job from boaters on the river... How every lock has a different set of rules even know most of them are standardized. No matter how hard the agency tries, you will still get local practices. It really comes down to those local practice and local SOP's. Trying to get everybody on board to do the same thing is a dream situation... Never gonna happen.

Again... Local SOP's. I know it drive people crazy, but what you are complaing is really not that major.

Thank god for the TSA in this situation. When I'm on a flight the last thing I want is to be stuck ahead of or behind a couple of snot-nosed brats climbing all over their seats and running up and down the aisles acting out The Pirates of the Carribean with their crappy replica swords.

Why would you rather have them wield NICE/REAL replica swords?

:worthy: